Trouble streaming one movie on local network.
The log doesn't have debugging enabled, but it does say

Code:
15:23:39.391 T:8032 WARNING: CWinRenderer::UpdateVideoFilter - chosen scaling method 1 is not supported by renderer

Which for me would as you say indicate is an issue with your file itself.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Ok, that's what I suspected. Would the debugging give more detail?
(2018-04-30, 08:55)DarrenHill Wrote: The log doesn't have debugging enabled, but it does say
Code:
15:23:39.391 T:8032 WARNING: CWinRenderer::UpdateVideoFilter - chosen scaling method 1 is not supported by renderer

Which for me would as you say indicate is an issue with your file itself. 
 That's okay. Just a combination with renderer and chosen scaling not supported - therefore it falls back.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2018-04-30, 23:17)Pitman33 Wrote: Ok, that's what I suspected. Would the debugging give more detail?

There you're getting a bit beyond my knowledge range. But if you can gather information on the file format itself or try recoding it using Handbrake or something like that it could give others with more in-depth knowledge more to work with.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
DarrenHill, thanks for your reply. 

Here is the media info of the movie:
https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/dvCjbrv66Q/

I hope someone on here can see what is wrong with it. For me it's like shooting in the dark, because I too don't know a lot about encoding media, and what problems can arise.
Hi fritsch, I just posted the media info. Any suggestions on how to re-encode it?
Quote:09:30:23.702 T:5660 ERROR: CDVDDemuxFFmpeg::Open - Error, could not open file smb://PITMAN-PC/Japanese Movies/Nana (2005)/Our Little Sister (2015).mkv
09:30:28.938 T:5744 NOTICE: VideoPlayer: Opening: smb://PITMAN-PC/Japanese Movies/Our Little Sister (2015)/Our Little Sister (2015).mkv

Can you copy it to the local disk, please?
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
I copied the movie to the laptop. No streaming issues. Not sure why I would have problems over lan. It's only with this movie and maybe 1 or 2 others. I did once mux out the dts track and played back only the video and still had streaming issues.

Here is the local log when playing:
https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/sFyBZwFWr3/
Any final verdict on this streaming issue? Thanks!
I did notice that the laptop I stream to shows 10Mbps on the Network Adapter. Also, transferring files over lan ethernet is around 1.12 Mbps... that may be an issue...if anyone else has any other ideas or thoughts, I'd be grateful. Anyone?
@fritsch - any comments on my latest log?

*edited by mod* Wink
Ok, final post. I found out that my when the ethernet cable is plugged directly into the router, it's limited to 10Mbps, but when plugged into the port, it's 100Mbps, which makes no sense to me because the port is connected to the router. All I can suspect is that the particular port on the router is faulty. 

Anyway, thanks for your kindness here. I really did learn a lot and really appreciate it.
It can be the port, and sometimes router or switch is in a way "allergic" to a certain cable, possibly due to a lower quality ethernet cable.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Trouble streaming one movie on local network.0