scrapping music on raspberry mysql database
Hi

I create a mysql database for music and videos on my raspberry. I réimported all my videos and music on kodi and i see them on my windows kodi 17. Now if i add music on my dedicated folder and when i update my music library on kodi, all the folders are scrapped with the informations on every folder. Normaly i think only new music must be scrapped.
I don't choose a path on "file" add source".
Is it the solution? can you explain me ?

Thanks for next answers
The first part of library update checks the size, timestamp and name of every file and folder to find any that have changed or any new files. This may look like it is scanning tags from every file, but it is not, it only reads the tags from new/changed files. If you have "Fetch additional information on update" enabled it will also try to scrape additional album and artist information for the new/changed music.

You may just be seeing the normal file checking process.

(2018-04-28, 15:48)MisterT2000 Wrote: I don't choose a path on "file" add source".
I don't understand what you mean, and it is probably better I don't guess.

If you still think something odd is happening then turn on debug logging https://kodi.wiki/view/Log_file before doing a library update, and post a link to the log here.
Thanks for your help

the update time is too long it's normal or not ?. (started at 2 pm an still not achieved at 6 pm (i had 3000 files) and i just add 3 new albums !?
the update is forced to scan every folders/files ? not only the 3 new folders because i modify anyhing for the other folders/files

the log below

https://pastebin.com/aqwauGxK

and 
Quote:sterT2000 Wrote: I don't choose a path on "file" add source".
I don't understand what you mean, and it is probably better I don't guess.

for mysql music database, in order to add music albums, only music database update is required. isn't it ?
I don't define a path for the music source, it's good or not ?
Maybe check your permissions?

cpp:
14:54:30.809 T:10340 ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting smb://FREEBOXSERVER/OneTouch4/Musiques/iTunes Music Albums/Bernhoft Jarle/
14:54:30.817 T:10340 ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting smb://FREEBOXSERVER/OneTouch4/Musiques/iTunes Music Albums/Bernhoft Jarle/Solidarity Breaks/

Also, there are better ways to add new albums without scanning the entire library each time. Section 2 here explains all the different methods... https://kodi.wiki/view/Update_Music_Library
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
The log is full of SMB access errors, and no sign of any library update scanning files or scraping additional artist and album data.  What you are seeing as a very slow library update is in fact some other problem with file access.

Quote:for mysql music database, in order to add music albums, only music database update is required. isn't it ?
I don't define a path for the music source, it's good or not ? 
Sorry, I still don't really understand your question.

To create the music library in the first place, with stand alone SQLIte or a MySQL client server setup, you have to add a music source and say yes to scan to library. Then if you have changed or added music files to that source on your hard drive (or whatever physical storgage you are using) to get these into the library all you need to do is call library update from the side blade menu.
Not sure if I have understood the question correctly.

In some cases it's not enough to update the library after you've just added your sources to a new database. The most reliable way to add your source is to right-click it and select "SCAN TO LIBRARY".
thanks for your support

Quote:Sorry, I still don't really understand your question.
Quote:To create the music library in the first place, with stand alone SQLIte or a MySQL client server setup, you have to add a music source and say yes to scan to library. Then if you have changed or added music files to that source on your hard drive (or whatever physical storgage you are using) to get these into the library all you need to do is call library update from the side blade menu.
ok if i add source in order to scan my library, what type of share folder i choose ? My mysql database is on my rasberry and my share folders is on a hard drive on network (SMB network?)
If i add this source, kodi says me : do you want to add this source to te library? if i say yes the scan will begin but an other database will be created and not share with all my kodi devices ?

some pictures below

https://imgur.com/r3E07cK
https://imgur.com/OeY2Wnf

I don't know if it's more understanding but i try with my poor english Smile

Thanks for next answers

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
scrapping music on raspberry mysql database0