Solved No GUI, error
Question 
I upgraded my computer, running 6 core intel with 32 gigs of ram.  When installed Kodi 17.6 i get and error saying Kodi could not run GUI and quits.  It ran great in my 4 core intel. I check everything I can think of with no joy. 
I looked on the web and found lots of the same problem and tried all, but still no joy.   Help!
on which operating system?
can you give us a kodi.log ?
To receive meaningful assistance you will need to provide a full debug log.

The instructions are here... debug log (wiki)

If you are using the Basic Method, then ensure the following is applied...
1.Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging,
2.Restart Kodi
3.Replicate the problem.

If you are using the Advanced Method ensure you have correctly created and applied the advancedsettings.xml file.

In both instances, you should see the word DEBUG throughout the log.

Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs
Do NOT post your logs directly into the forum. Always use a paste site like pastebin.com. Post the link to your pasted log in the forum
Running win 7 Pro 64 bit.
(2018-04-29, 14:43)cold iron Wrote: Running win 7 Pro 64 bit.
That statement alone is not really a debug log. Smile
Kodi will not run at all, just get the error screen saying can bot start GUI then it exits.  I went into the windows "atdata, roaming, kodi, userdate, and there is a log in text form. I posted it on Paste tool after I log-in. But do not know how it works. I see no way to address it to anyone.
I posted that for "sky bird".
It's under coldiron and I put your name on it.   Hope it works
No, that won't work. There are millions of posts at pastebin and no-one is going to spend the time to search for your log.

Follow the instructions here... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=323719
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Smile 
OK, I fixed it on my own.  Seems Gigabyte's new mother boards only come with drivers for Windowns 10.   I do not like 10 much and use win 7.  So only fix is a video card, put one and and Kodi runs just fine and some other issues also got fixed.
Thread marked solved.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No GUI, error0