Alpha Leia error with newest commit
I'm sure you'll tell me not to try the newest commits, but I figured I'd provide feedback on it anyways.
Just compiled 1f8a5355dcfa99d94c7264022be63aa695d24c5e and I was surprised it wanted me to add some new libraries since some of the pre-alpha commits (libinput and libxkbcommon).
My environment is linux using a buildroot toolchain ARMv8 with gbm mali 450 drivers (no X11).

Got it compiled (was sure to disable x11 in the packages) and here's the error shown over command line when run:
HOME=/recalbox/share/system LD_LIBRARY_PATH="/usr/lib" QT_XKB_CONFIG_ROOT="/usr/lib" /usr/lib/kodi/kodi.bin --standalone -fs
xkbcommon: ERROR: failed to add default include path /usr/share/X11/xkb
Bus error

Here's the log file:

log spam removed
Do not post logs directly to the forum please.

Use a PasteBin site and supply the link they will give you here instead.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Next time when providing a log file, use pastebin.com or a similar text upload website.

Did you really overlook the big red fat bold text above the 'Post Reply' button..?
No problem! Smile and yes, I missed the <RED> message which is clearly that color to catch attention. Sorry I was one of "those" users... ID-10-T error lol

Here's the log from the failed start of the newest commit.
https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/9xKgjcZnwZ/

And can anyone tell me why XKBCommon is complaining about an include path for X11, when I don't have X11 installed and configured it with "--disable-x11"? As you can see I tried passing it "QT_XKB_CONFIG_ROOT" as a workaround, but that didn't resolve.
So since nobody actually helped me and just complained about me posting the error messages without a pastebin, I went ahead and fixed this.

Your first commit on April 20, 2018 (35c9f36) effectively stops KODI from launching. I created a patch that reverses this commit and now even your most recent commit successfully loads. Just posting this in case anyone else comes across this error.
(2018-05-18, 16:38)Mrfixit2001 Wrote: So since nobody actually helped me and just complained about me posting the error messages without a pastebin, I went ahead and fixed this.

Your first commit on April 20, 2018 (35c9f36) effectively stops KODI from launching. I created a patch that reverses this commit and now even your most recent commit successfully loads. Just posting this in case anyone else comes across this error.
 You need to build and run kodi with ffmpeg 4.0 - kodi will segfault right away on all older ffmpeg version. Kodi Leia master only supports ffmpeg 4.0 - all register methods for older version were removed by purpose!
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Thanks, I'll update that too, that's very helpful!

Can you please tell me if kodi has removed support for environments without x11 or wayland? There's "failed to create xkb context" errors in the log, and I'm compiling kodi with -DENABLE_OPENGL=OFF -DENABLE_X11=OFF and DCORE_PLATFORM_NAME=gbm. I've added the xkb library to my environment anyways but I still get the errors. This causes any commit after April 20th to not accept any keypresses Sad
No, we still run happily on GBM, AMLogic, RBPi which all don't use OpenGL and no X11.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
hmmm I don't think an older version of FFMPEG would cause input issues like this, so there's got to be something else I'm missing. Kodi won't even compile without xkb as a dependency, but I've set the platform name to gbm. So why is it a requirement and why is it still trying to create xkb context? Is this library used in gbm as well?
LibInput keyboard needs it.

Btw. your original issue has nothing to do with that.
You'll need to install xkeyboard-config to provide the keymaps used by xkbcommon (/usr/share/X11/xkb)
"PPC is too slow, your CPU has no balls to handle HD content." ~ Davilla
"Maybe it's a toaster. Who knows, but it has nothing to do with us." ~ Ned Scott
Even tho I'm not using X11, I still need to include xkeyboard-config? :\
Well I updated the versions of all the supporting libraries and added xkeyboard-config. Got it working, thanks for the feedback guys.

Now if someone would figure out why netflix and youtube throw an "unsupported has type" error for hashlib.py, resulting in "error:root:code for hash md5 was not found"... that would be super appreciated haha but this support request can be closed.
Post your Debug Log ... with that one can see the issue right away. Make sure inputstream.adaptive is compiled and working.
Here's a fresh log after a clear and a restart. It actually throws errors immediately on startup without trying to run either addon, and then also errors when I try to run them as well. Captured all of that in the log. Confirmed inputstream.adaptive is installed, enabled, and updated (v2.2.16).

https://pastebin.com/66Eb1yiY

If I need to start a new thread please let me know.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Leia error with newest commit0