XBOX Cannot open TV Shows in library - Debug Log Included
#46
(2019-01-15, 20:36)majormercyflush Wrote: I use a shared sql database and the inability to access TV shows is present on my xbox and my Android tablet. I believe the xbox caused the issue though as it was the one that migrated the database. I'm running the latest RC on both and the they using the same database/tables.
 I just deleted the database and let the Android version do the migration and it still fails to go into TV shows
Reply
#47
To quote Fernet: No Debug Log, no issue. Your problem may or may not be related to the OP's problem.
Reply
#48
Just a heads up, put my xbox on, downloaded the latest update and it seems to have fixed itself  Big Grin
Reply
#49
My xbox downloaded the last update on the 16th and the library view for TV shows is not working any more for me. Starting from the Files view works fine.
Reply
#50
My xbox started doing the "migrating db" or whatever it says every time kodi starts some days ago. So something changed. Havent bothered with it lately, just start playing things from the files view. Will take another look when/if there's a new update.
Reply
#51
We need debug logs people :-)
Reply
#52
I'm more than happy to provide a debug log, if you can tell me how to do this on xbox. I'm neither sure where the log is saved nor how to get to it on the xbox.

As of the latest update (installed 23 January) TV library updates don't work. New items won't scan to my library.
Reply
#53
@HydroDiOxide

Use option 4b

  1. Enable Debugging mode.
    a. Go to Settings>System Settings>Logging and it should be the first option or
    b. press ctrl-shift-d on a keyboard
  2. Restart Kodi. Do not skip this step or you may be asked to do it again.
  3. Replicate the problem. Now that debug mode is enabled, repeat the steps that cause the problem.
  4. Upload the log using either the:
    a. Manual method to Kodi Paste Site. Log location is detailed here... Log_file/Advanced#Location (wiki) (see next section for more details), or
    b. Add-on method using the Kodi Logfile Uploader. (wiki)
    With either method post the address link in the address bar in a new post in your thread.
Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki) || Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Reply
#54
Here is my debug log.
Reply
#55
Thanks @HydroDiOxide, I received the PM.

I won't be able to assist with this issue, but was only providing guidance to upload the log. @yol will need to look at it.

But I did notice this at line 1035...
12:21:24.303 T:6868   ERROR: SQL: Missing result set!
12:21:24.374 T:6868 ERROR: CVideoDatabase::GetSeasonsByWhere failed
12:21:24.783 T:6868 ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting videodb://tvshows/titles/102/
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki) || Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Reply
#56
@HydroDiOxide You could have at least mentioned that you are running on MySQL... Your issue is most probably unrelated to the OP's problem.

Unfortunately database debug logging is not enabled - sorry for not asking you to do that. It's required to be able to say anything concrete. I'm guessing it's an issue with your DB since MariaDB 5.5 is really old.
Reply
#57
I never realised that it was good to mention this...

Happy to provide another debug log. I'll look into that later. Just for clarity: the issues started with the 16 January update. No problems before that. The issue is only with TV shows, not with movies. I'm quite happy with my central mysql database. It helps a lot with keeping things in sync across multiple devices.
Reply
#58
@yol 

OK. A short update. Your remark about my old database version triggered me to do what I wanted to do a while back: move my xbmc mysql database from an old NAS to a Raspberry Pi. The NAS was apparently stuck on an old version of MariaDB. It never crossed my mind that this might start to cause problems at some point. Long story short: moving the MariaDB to a different device which runs version 10.something solved my issues.

However, if it is still helpful for your debugging to get a debug log using the old database, I'd be happy to roll back and upload that. Just let me know.
Reply
#59
@HydroDiOxide I'm good. 99 % sure it was caused by your NAS with outdated MariaDB version and broken config. There were more instances of this in the forums lately. So no need to investigate further.
Reply
#60
I was in the same boat as you and found the query that was failing when trying to go into the TV shows was failing due to being unable to write tmp files due to space. I moved my mysql tmp directory to another disk and everything started working so switching from your previous database may not actually have been the fix. It's always best to try and keep up with more current version so in the long run you'll probably be better off, this is more for other people following the thread in the same position.
Reply



Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Cannot open TV Shows in library - Debug Log Included0
This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.