SMB connection not working on osx 10.13.4
Situation:
Client running osx 10.13.4 using Kodi 17.6 can no longer access SMB file shares on another Mac system also running 10.13.4
Browsing is not working but also the accessing movies from the library is not longer working (path in the library smb://user:password@server/dir1/moviedir/movie.mkv)

Errors returned --> Broken Pipe // Operation not Permitted

5:36:11.866 T:123145447673856   ERROR: SMBDirectory->GetDirectory: Unable to open directory : 'smb://OSXSERVER/'
                                            unix_err:'1' error : 'Operation not permitted'

The same share is accessible from a another windows computer . So the windows client running Kodi 17.6 can access the share on the Mac.
Also the setup was correctly working when the client was on version 10.13.X and the the file server was running on version 10.12.x

Tried different options suggested in this forum as modifying the nsmb.conf 
[default]
streams=yes
file_ids_off=yes
signing_required=no

But this is not working.

Note: I am able to access the smb share through the finder on the client machine
Hi, Did you managed to fix this issue? i have the same problem the share show and can access on finder (OSX10.13.6) but when adding the source manually in kodi with the IP/USER/PASSWORD i get an "operation time out" error . however when adding the source manually on windows 10 and ubuntu 18.04 i can access the share folder on both OS.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
SMB connection not working on osx 10.13.40