Artwork Beef addon and enhanced art handling in v18
The add-on "Artwork Beef" also has options for processing and downloading artist, album and song related artwork. Would be interesting to check if any functionality is duplicated.
Split into own thread, as of all the ways in which art handling has changed in v18 the addition of an option to prefer online album covers to embedded images (the thread where this was posted) is the least likely to have any interaction or duplication by Artwork Beef.

@rmrector perhaps you would care to comment on Artwork Beef, and what v18 can do with or without it?

Also a heads up that I am busy adding the ability to configure what extra types of art core Kodi can pick up automatically from local files and extract from the scraper results. That means things like artist clearlogo could appear by magic (if the skin uses it) without any other addons. That is surely superseding Artwork Beef and Skin Helper Service functionality?
Yup, there is some duplication of functionality, and there will be more in the days to come. Artwork Beef is mostly designed to fill gaps in the data, so it will generally do less when the scraping process leaves fewer gaps.

This is still early days for extended artwork in Kodi core, so for now Artwork Beef or something like it is still necessary to populate the Kodi library for skins. I'll add some details to the first post of the Artwork Beef thread when certain use cases become feasible with just Kodi core functionality.

Dave that's wonderful!
(2018-04-30, 00:13)DaveBlake Wrote: Also a heads up that I am busy adding the ability to configure what extra types of art core Kodi can pick up automatically from local files and extract from the scraper results. That means things like artist clearlogo could appear by magic (if the skin uses it) without any other addons. That is surely superseding Artwork Beef and Skin Helper Service functionality?
 Excited face  Big Grin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Artwork Beef addon and enhanced art handling in v18 0