Updated Kodi 16 to 17.6 few issues
So i finally got around to updating my Kodi from v16 to v17.6 to match my Pi's

I run my library on a mysql database i created god knows how long ago and would have no idea how i done it.

1. When it updated i lost a lot but not all of my watched data. Id say somewhere from the last 6 months to a year. (not a big issue but would be nice to know what to check so it doesn't happen again.
    Also how is one able to backup and restore watched data can kodi do this or do i need some sort of addon?

2. When it opens it now shows livetv as the first option but i had TV Shows as the default. for the life of me i cant work out how i done it.

3. [SOLVED] When in a TV Show menu and then Season menu the back button on my harmony remote would only go back once to the TV Show from Season menu but not back again from the TV Show menu to the list of TV Shows.  it was setup as a media remote with the word 'back' i ended up resolving this by adding a keyboard to my remote and assigning the backspace button. still seems strange it half worked. unsure what the back function is or why it seemed to only be able to do it once.
(2018-05-02, 02:01)Bert02 Wrote: So i finally got around to updating my Kodi from v16 to v17.6 to match my Pi's

I run my library on a mysql database
You can't run two different versions on Kodi sharing the same MySQL database. I expect you have two different databases- one for v16 and one for v17. Your data is probably still there in a different MySQL database...
https://kodi.wiki/view/MySQL

Maybe you might recall instances where your libraries were not actually in sync?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2018-05-02, 03:08)Karellen Wrote:  You can't run two different versions on Kodi sharing the same MySQL database. I expect you have two different databases- one for v16 and one for v17. Your data is probably still there in a different MySQL database...
https://kodi.wiki/view/MySQL

Maybe you might recall instances where your libraries were not actually in sync?
I updated kodi (libreelec) on the pi's a fair while ago and all still seemed to be synced and was working and then i never got around to finish updating everything.
i knew you couldn't have different versions but also figured if nothing had changed then it would still work and was working. so left it a little too long.

strange thing is i use my HTPC to run the mysql database, run kodi, watch most stuff on it and that was the pc/kodi i updated.... and that's when i lost my watched status.

they all still seem synced now just less watched that i had and having to go back through and add them to watched

i will try and see if i can view mysql databases and see if there is more than 1. how do i know what one im using and how to delete the 2nd if i have 2?
haha, sorry that is the limit of my knowledge when it comes to MySQL. There are some MySQL geniuses here that can advise better Wink
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
no problems thanks for your help. 
i was following the wiki but it doesn't really show how to delete or view what i have.

my knowledge is probably even less i just keep following guides and googling etc until things do what i want
(2018-05-02, 02:01)Bert02 Wrote: 1. When it updated i lost a lot but not all of my watched data. Id say somewhere from the last 6 months to a year. (not a big issue but would be nice to know what to check so it doesn't happen again.
The database upgrade from Kodi 16 to 17.6 should not have lost your watched statuses, but anything is possible I guess. The old database of Kodi 16 will not be deleted after the upgrade, so it should still be on your MySQL server. You could delete the newer Kodi 17.6 databases (video and music), and try another upgrade attempt. But I'm not sure if you are still actively using the Kodi 16 databases, as they might be out of date by now.
For Kodi 16, there was MyVideos99 and MyMusic56 iirc...,
for Kodi 17.6 Krypton, you will have MyVideos107 and MyMusic60,
for Kodi 18 Leia Alpha, there is currently MyVideos109 and MyMusic70.

(2018-05-02, 02:01)Bert02 Wrote: Also how is one able to backup and restore watched data can kodi do this or do i need some sort of addon?
This is where the Video Library Export function comes in. You will need to add two entries to the advancedsettings.xml file first (and restart Kodi) so that watched statuses and/or resume points are also exported. I see that the Wiki page could use a bit of updating on that subject. They are now mentioned at the very bottom of that page... :-\

(2018-05-02, 02:01)Bert02 Wrote: 2. When it opens it now shows livetv as the first option but i had TV Shows as the default. for the life of me i cant work out how i done it.
You can set the opening window via Settings/Interface/Other/Startup Window.

(2018-05-02, 03:24)Bert02 Wrote: i will try and see if i can view mysql databases and see if there is more than 1.
You will need a MySQL client app for that, I prefer MySQL Workbench, bure there is also PHPMyadmin as a webapplication. You will need a tiny amount of SQL savviness to know what you're doing.

(2018-05-02, 03:24)Bert02 Wrote: how do i know what one im using and how to delete the 2nd if i have 2?
Simple, each major Kodi version uses its own databases, for Krypton those are the MyVideos107 and MyMusic60 databases. The ones with lower numbers will be the databases for earliers Kodi releases.
When you no longer use the older databases, you can delete them via the DROP <database> command in SQL, or use the GUI of either of the two tools I mentioned.
cheers got most of it going.

opened 99 and 107 didn't seem to be much different.  it appears to work so i have delete all others and make sure i keep them on the same update schedule

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Updated Kodi 16 to 17.6 few issues0