Not detecting individual music files
(2018-05-04, 10:54)sitush Wrote: While I am waiting for the music to finish copying to the external HDD

You should have probably only copied across just a few folders first in order to test before copying across entire library to usb hdd Wink
(2018-05-02, 16:44)sitush Wrote: The NFS service is only available in Windows 10 Enterprise, I think. As far as I am aware, Samba can be iffy with Linux clients but is pretty much native to Windows clients. I use both Ubuntu and Windows 10 (and some other stuff - I'm an IT tech) but the Kodi device is on Windows 10 Home.

Have you tried using Kodi's built-in nfs client? 

/D
(2018-05-04, 11:25)jjd-uk Wrote:
(2018-05-04, 10:54)sitush Wrote: While I am waiting for the music to finish copying to the external HDD

You should have probably only copied across just a few folders first in order to test before copying across entire library to usb hdd Wink 
 Yes but I decided I could do with the backup anyway.
(2018-05-04, 11:25)dodoadoodoo Wrote:
(2018-05-02, 16:44)sitush Wrote: The NFS service is only available in Windows 10 Enterprise, I think. As far as I am aware, Samba can be iffy with Linux clients but is pretty much native to Windows clients. I use both Ubuntu and Windows 10 (and some other stuff - I'm an IT tech) but the Kodi device is on Windows 10 Home.
Have you tried using Kodi's built-in nfs client? 

/D 
 No. I've seen the entry in the list but didn't realise it was a packaged client. I think I would have to set the NAS to NFS to try that. The longer this goes on, the more I think the problem lies at the NAS end even though umpteen Windows and Linux PCs work just fine with it.
Just tried NFS but I must be doing something wrong because Kodi/RPi says "cannot connect to  network". I set up NFS in the NAS using the instructions at https://kodi.wiki/view/NFS although my version of the Thecus control panel is newer than the one shown there. As previously, the Kodi device and NAS are recognised as attached by the router and I can ping both of them.

My hair was beginning to thin before starting this. I won't need a barber by the time I have sorted it out. Smile
Ok, using an original Raspberry Pi Model B and LibreElec, Samba now works with the Thecus N2350 NAS and does so regardless of which limit I place on the Samba version. This happened after first enabling NFS on the NAS and then disabling it! NFS itself may well work with the Pi or indeed my Windows 10 setup but I've not been able to figure out the syntax.

Video can be a little wayward on the Pi Model B. Since I need to use the device as a PVR client as well as for music, I'm going to buy a Model 3 Pi - an earlier response here suggests that should be fine.

Thanks to everyone for their input.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Not detecting individual music files0