Kodi and TVMosaic
Is anyone here using Kodi with the new DVBlink follow-on, called TVMosaic?

I am using TVMosaic with Kodi 17.6, and also testing with Kodi 18.0Alpha1.

Unfortunately, nothing much has changed wrt stability. I still get freezes and tuners which are occupied doing nothing useful but not getting released.

And as has been reported here before, according to DVBlogic, it is not their fault. They say they have tried to communicate with the Kodi team, but they did not get any sensible answer.

Sigh.

Bart
Kodi 20.2 runs on a Celeron N5095 with 8 GB memory, Windows 11 Pro 22H2.

DVBviewer 7.2.4.0 with DMS 3.2.4.0 | Digital Devices Cine S2 V7 dual DVB-S2 tuner with CI
Windows 10 Pro x64 with all updates | Core i3 CPU, 16 GB memory
I do not remember us saying that.
Anyway, the effect that you see with the occupied tuners happens because Kodi does not call stop on the open stream. We have worked it around using timeout for the case when there is no stream from the very beginning. But, in your latest case, it happens in the middle of watching program and apparently requires an additional workaround.
I find in general, your question too open. Yes, there are many users of Kodi/TVMosaic combination and you are the first to report hanging and freezes issues.
I'm a long-term DVBLink user but found the 'new' TVMosaic to be objectionable: I'm being asked to pay again for something that does less than what I have already. So I took the opportunity to try out NextPVR - and I haven't gone back. As far as I can see it does everything I need for free (although I'll make a contribution). Also, the set up and management screens are much easier to use and I get more control of when the EPG is updated.

If you're going to spend time and effort trying something new, why not the free option?

Andy
I have tried NextPVR, but it did not support my hardware (Digital Devices Cine S2). I have used Argus TV for quite some time, but I had issues which may be solved in the next version, and that may take a while. I have experimented with MediaPortal. I don't like the native user interface, and cooperation with Kodi did not work as I would like it. So yes, I have tried other, free solutions.
So I went back to DCBlink, but problems with time shifting did not make that a very pleasant experience. I had hope that TVMosaic would be an improvement, but I am not impressed (yet).

Bart

DVBviewer 7.2.4.0 with DMS 3.2.4.0 | Digital Devices Cine S2 V7 dual DVB-S2 tuner with CI
(2018-05-03, 22:29)dvblogic Wrote: I do not remember us saying that.
Anyway, the effect that you see with the occupied tuners happens because Kodi does not call stop on the open stream. We have worked it around using timeout for the case when there is no stream from the very beginning. But, in your latest case, it happens in the middle of watching program and apparently requires an additional workaround.
I find in general, your question too open. Yes, there are many users of Kodi/TVMosaic combination and you are the first to report hanging and freezes issues.
 Please let me know what I can do to help solve this problem!

Bart

I was planning on switching to tv Mosaic, but now I'm not that sure.
I have a setup where I use Acamd for decryption on two of the four tuners. Will that still work?

I read here that you get less with tv Mosaic. What is it that is removed in your opinion?
(2018-05-05, 08:03)Plantje Wrote: I was planning on switching to tv Mosaic, but now I'm not that sure.
I have a setup where I use Acamd for decryption on two of the four tuners. Will that still work?

I read here that you get less with tv Mosaic. What is it that is removed in your opinion?
 Here is the overview of the differences between DVBLink and TVMosaic:

https://wiki.tv-mosaic.com/index.php/Wha...nd_DVBLink
Thanks. Obviously I went there when I received the E-mail Smile

Next to that I was curious to know if there are some upgrade manuals available.

I was triggered by what AndyHenderson mentioned:
Quote:I'm a long-term DVBLink user but found the 'new' TVMosaic to be objectionable: I'm being asked to pay again for something that does less than what I have already. 
Also switched from DVBLink to TVMosaic and noticed a little thing/bug when a client wakes up my server from standby (and only then).
After starting a tv channel, kodi frequently crashes and reboots - after reboot everything works fine. So it seems to be a problem which only occurs after server wakes up from standby and only with the first try to start a tv channel.

heres a crash log (dont know, if this is an addon or kodi related issue....) ---> http://ix.io/17Ak
I am on recent x86_64 Milhouse build (#0522) and recent TVMosaic Server (16218).

Maybe @ksooo has a helpful hint?

Many thanks!
NVIDIA Shield, H270M-Plus (i3-7100),NUC7i3BNH,WeTekHub,Pi2,Win10Server.
(2018-05-23, 12:34)debutanker Wrote: Also switched from DVBLink to TVMosaic and noticed a little thing/bug when a client wakes up my server from standby (and only then).
After starting a tv channel, kodi frequently crashes and reboots - after reboot everything works fine. So it seems to be a problem which only occurs after server wakes up from standby and only with the first try to start a tv channel.

heres a crash log (dont know, if this is an addon or kodi related issue....) ---> http://ix.io/17Ak
I am on recent x86_64 Milhouse build (#0522) and recent TVMosaic Server (16218).

Maybe @ksooo has a helpful hint?

Many thanks!
 It crashes in the addon. So, first guess is that the addon needs to be fixed.
(2018-05-24, 12:29)ksooo Wrote:  It crashes in the addon. So, first guess is that the addon needs to be fixed.

Many thanks for having a look into this!

@dvblogic (Oberon, the_man).
Already posted this behavior in TVMosaic forum - do you need anything further to localize the issue (logs etc.)?

Thanks again for your helpful comments!
NVIDIA Shield, H270M-Plus (i3-7100),NUC7i3BNH,WeTekHub,Pi2,Win10Server.
Can anybody explain how it is possible to use Mosaic with Kodi? I read in the Wiki how to install the addon: Go to addons, user addons, selecet PVR-clients and install. But there os nothing like PVR-clients, nowhere. It seems there is no PVR client at all in Kodi. Can anybody explain what this means or where I can find this addon (if it exists)?
The PVR clients are all included in the official install from the Kodi web site. Did you get yours from somewhere else?

If not, let people know which version of Kodi you have and which skin you are using and you might get a step-by-step to locate the PVR clients.

Andy
No. They are not included in the official install for raspberry. They are simply not there. But in the meantime I found out how to install the dvb-client.  (I downloaded Kodi from the official kodi site. It seems, they managed it with the last update to throw out the pvr clients.)
And now I know why: At least the DVB-Link-Addon is the best way to let the raspberry crash immediately...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi and TVMosaic1