Automatically fetching any type of music artwork
Hi @DaveBlake
I still currently have my original Artist NFO files in my original artist folders, where my album folders are located. Since I now have a dedicated Artist Information Folder set-up, also containing newly created Artist NFO files, I presume the original files should now be removed or am I safe to keep them, even though they are not used?

Also wanted to ask about user ratings. While testing the new artwork features you've implemented, I've had cause to export, remove and then re-add my library quite a few times. One thing I've seen during this process is new user ratings I choose for a particular song, don't seem to get exported to the NFO file. I only really noticed this because when I've re-added my library, I'm playing a lot of the same songs, where I definitely know I set a rating previously for the same song and the user rating is blank and I'm re-setting each it time. I'm guessing this not how things should work?

Can also confirm discart and artist clearlogo artwork are working fine and get picked up on every occasion during the scraping process, including any new artwork I'm manually adding to the relevant artist and album folders.
@Dumyat sorry for delay in reply, I have been busy elsewhere

If you want to leave duplicated artist.nfo files in with your music files then that is fine, Kodi will use the ones in the Artist Information Folder when they exist. However as a human you could find it potentially confusing, as you need to remember which file to change if you ever do, but that's up to you.

Song ratings are the property of the song, and therefore not currently exported to or loaded from the album.nfo file. Rating can be included in the music fle tag, but ratings added or edited via Kodi are currently lost when you drop the music source or move the music  files (unless you use an addon and send/fetch them from a cloud store like TADB provides). This is a weakness, the same issue applies to playback history data - play count and last date played. It is far from ideal, but it is a missing feature Kodi has never had rather than a bug. It is on my list to extend import/export facility to include this song data too, but not sure it will happen for Leia.

Local art for albums and artists will be automatically picked up on scanning providing it is in the appropiate location and correctly named (or bespoke names added to the advancedsettings.xml file). But obviously if you choose to use an online image, and then edit/add some local files Kodi will keep using the online one you initally chose.
(2018-06-23, 08:42)DaveBlake Wrote: @Dumyat sorry for delay in reply, I have been busy elsewhere

If you want to leave duplicated artist.nfo files in with your music files then that is fine, Kodi will use the ones in the Artist Information Folder when they exist. However as a human you could find it potentially confusing, as you need to remember which file to change if you ever do, but that's up to you.

Song ratings are the property of the song, and therefore not currently exported to or loaded from the album.nfo file. Rating can be included in the music fle tag, but ratings added or edited via Kodi are currently lost when you drop the music source or move the music  files (unless you use an addon and send/fetch them from a cloud store like TADB provides). This is a weakness, the same issue applies to playback history data - play count and last date played. It is far from ideal, but it is a missing feature Kodi has never had rather than a bug. It is on my list to extend import/export facility to include this song data too, but not sure it will happen for Leia.

Local art for albums and artists will be automatically picked up on scanning providing it is in the appropiate location and correctly named (or bespoke names added to the advancedsettings.xml file). But obviously if you choose to use an online image, and then edit/add some local files Kodi will keep using the online one you initally chose.
Hi Dave,
No problem and many thanks for detailed reply. Smile
Just a quick question in regards to this new feature in Kodi v18. I have setup my advancedsettings.xml as suggested at the beginning of the thread and can scrap discart as expected, along with the per disc cover image I am liking things so far.

I am having issues getting the clearlogo to appear for the artists. While in the artist information I do not see an option under Choose Art for clearlogo which make me think that my advancedsettings.xml is not setup properly (even though discart is working) or their is something else I am missing.

My music is setup as Artist/Albums/Songs...etc. And I have tried both not using the specific Artist Information directory and pointing it to the folder as indicated previously but still can't scrape the clearlogo.png.

My advanced file is setup as such:
xml:
<advancedsettings>
    <splash>false</splash>
     <video>
        <excludefromscan action="append">
            <regexp>/Extras/</regexp>
            <regexp>[\\/]Extras[\\/]</regexp>
        </excludefromscan>
        <excludetvshowsfromscan action="append">
            <regexp>/Extras/</regexp>
            <regexp>[\\/]Extras[\\/]</regexp>
        </excludetvshowsfromscan>
    </video>
  <musiclibrary>
    <artistextraart>
        <arttype>clearlogo</arttype>
    </artistextraart>
    <albumextraart>
        <arttype>discart</arttype>
    </albumextraart>
   </musiclibrary>
</advancedsettings>

Anything else I am missing? Cheers.
Have you set up your Artist Information Folder... Artist_information_folder (wiki)
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
I was reasonably sure I had the Artist Folder setup correctly. I have manually added a clearlogo art type and can populate this manually within the Artist Info. I will do this for now until I can figure out what I am doing wrong.

Cheers.
@Rychem28

I don't think you are doing anything wrong. I was able to replicate the issue.

Hopefully @DaveBlake can have a look at some stage. I know @rmrector also worked on artwork code and maybe there is some regression?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Thanks for feedback @Rychem28 and @Karellen. It turns out that automatically fetching local artist art was broken in v18 beta4 by some code clean-up changes (nothing to do with @rmrector or me) PR14556. Fix was simple PR14741 and should be in the next nightly.
@DaveBlake @Karellen Thanks for the follow up on this item. I had just recently updated to Beta4 and hadn't really consider that to be the issue. I will update to the latest nightly.

Cheers
Aha.....Re-added my music library after a period of absence from my Kodi set-up over the weekend and discovered my Artist clearlogo's were also not appearing. I actually thought I might have inadvertently changed/deleted something by accident on my current skin mod, but after half an hour of head scratching wondering why they didn't appear as before, I gave up and put the problem on the back burner.

Then I came across this thread quite by accident today. Updated to latest nightly build and all is good again. Artist Clearlogo's working just as they were before......YaY!  Smile
Many thanks for the fix. Much appreciated

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Automatically fetching any type of music artwork0