Stuck in 0x0
Hi, I installed the latest version using the installer. I was having trouble with resolution settings so I tried 0x0. Now XBMC attempts to go full screen at 800x600. It doesn't matter if I launch the regular version or the windowed one. As soon as it launches it goes into full screen and blacks out.

1) I have tried every combination of uninstalling, rebooting, deleting any file on a search for "xbmc", and reinstalling possible and nothing.

2) It is trying to run in 800x600, i can hear sound and button noises, but no video.

Is there a manual way to set screen resolution? Some XML file I can modify?

Failing that, how do I reset all settings to the default that it came with? Do I need to delete the profile file? How do I do that?

Thanks for the help.
Had the same problem - what you need to do is:

1. Open My Computer and show hidden files (Tools -> Folder Options -> View -> Show hidden files and folders)

2. Navigate to your user folder - In XP, this is C:\Documents and Settings\YourUserName, and in Vista, it is C:\Users\YourUserName.

3. Go into the Application Data (XP) or AppData (Vista) folder.

4. If you use Vista, go one step further into the Roaming folder.

5. Find the XBMC folder and delete it (Of course, don't be running XBMC at the time).
Once you do this, restart XBMC. It should open in the default size, which was always too big for my screen. Go into the XBMC settings and choose the same resolution as your desktop - in my case, 1280x1024. Exit out of XBMC and restart it again - XBMC should restart in fullscreen (I don't use the -fs command on the shortcut) at your desktop resolution.
You did it, man. Thanks for getting me unstuck! I really appreciate it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Stuck in 0x00