nfo watched state updater
is there any working addon that marks the nfo files as watched?
The Video Library Export function in Kodi will add watched status and resume points to .nfo files when those functionalities are enabled via the advancedsettings.xml file.
No. Kodi does not access NFO Files for regular usage. All that is done in the library.

You can export the library to NFO's which will also export the Watched state.

Click Import-Export in My Signature below for instructions on how to do that.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
does exporting completely re-write the data in my nfo's? using ember to make the nfo files.
Yes it re-writes the NFO Files completely if you choose Overwrite Existing Files, but if you don't choose that option, then you won't get the required information exported if a NFO File already exists for that movie

Why is overwriting the NFO File such a bad thing. This point seems to be so misunderstood by so many members.

You used the Ember created NFO Files to populate the library. That means that Kodi has imported the information from the Ember NFO File into the Library. So the Library data is the same as the NFO Data. So, except for some dynamic tags like Watched, PlayCount and a few others that are more system data than user data, then the data that it exports will be the same as the original Ember nfo.

Plus you get NFO Files that are up to date and correctly formatted. See for yourself, compare an Ember (or TMM or MediaElch or any other manager) NFO file to the one Kodi generated and see the difference. And be aware that Kodi is always updating its scanning and scraping processes, so if your NFO Files are a few years old then incompatabilities creep in, and some tags and data are no longer imported.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
I cant seem to makenout from this what is bad in overwriting nfos using kodi?
(2018-05-05, 02:59)Karellen Wrote: Yes it re-writes the NFO Files completely if you choose Overwrite Existing Files, but if you don't choose that option, then you won't get the required information exported if a NFO File already exists for that movie

Why is overwriting the NFO File such a bad thing. This point seems to be so misunderstood by so many members.

You used the Ember created NFO Files to populate the library. That means that Kodi has imported the information from the Ember NFO File into the Library. So the Library data is the same as the NFO Data. So, except for some dynamic tags like Watched, PlayCount and a few others that are more system data than user data, then the data that it exports will be the same as the original Ember nfo.

Plus you get NFO Files that are up to date and correctly formatted. See for yourself, compare an Ember (or TMM or MediaElch or any other manager) NFO file to the one Kodi generated and see the difference. And be aware that Kodi is always updating its scanning and scraping processes, so if your NFO Files are a few years old then incompatabilities creep in, and some tags and data are no longer imported.
 thanks for that info. guess ill have to figure out a way have an automated export setup at night when its not in use. i was using a plugin that when it would mark a movie as watched in kodi, it would also update the nfo file at the same time to that specific movie. i liked that cuz i have a pi3 with osmc thats always on. the osmc crashes a lot and sometimes the library gets corrupt so i have to reinstall kodi. which i dont mind since its just adding the source and the data is already in the nfo files when i add a new movie from ember. so with that plugin it would also mark the very last movie i watched.
(2018-05-05, 21:25)dr-oopie Wrote: i was using a plugin that when it would also update the nfo file at the same time to that specific movie.
I have never heard of such an add-on. Can you give me details of the add-on... Name, download link. I think a lot of members would find it useful.

My library is 4000 episodes, and a little over 500 movies. The export takes less than a minute. You could map a button on your remote to run Export and by the time the kettle boils for coffee, the export is done. It is not some hours long process requiring an overnight run.
My Signature
(2018-05-05, 02:59)Karellen Wrote: Yes it re-writes the NFO Files completely if you choose Overwrite Existing Files, but if you don't choose that option, then you won't get the required information exported if a NFO File already exists for that movie

So...why is overwriting by means of Kodi export a bad thing? At least the export is guaranteed to be in a Kodi compatible (also version wise) format
(2018-05-05, 22:03)Karellen Wrote:
(2018-05-05, 21:25)dr-oopie Wrote: i was using a plugin that when it would also update the nfo file at the same time to that specific movie.
I have never heard of such an add-on. Can you give me details of the add-on... Name, download link. I think a lot of members would find it useful.

My library is 4000 episodes, and a little over 500 movies. The export takes less than a minute. You could map a button on your remote to run Export and by the time the kettle boils for coffee, the export is done. It is not some hours long process requiring an overnight run. 
 i googled the file zip and saw it was already mentioned on here.  https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=309568

service.nfo.watchedstate.updater_axbmcuser is mod+fix of that. it was working on Krypton but i am not sure why its not writing the tag on the nfos anymore. maybe its something in osmc. i also cant see it in his github anymore https://github.com/axbmcuser/_repo/tree/master/krypton/ but i found it on them kodi addon sites.
Thank you for the link. It is a few years old, so it hasn't been active in the forum since Jan 2016, which is why I hadn't come across (or have forgotten about it) in the last two years.

@axbmcuser is a member here. Maybe he can contribute some information if he sees this post.
My Signature
I found another link for the download... https://www.kodinerds.net/index.php/Thre...post355109

I was able to install and once I configured it correctly, the error messages stopped. But, like you said, nothing happens when you watch a movie.
My Signature
(2018-05-06, 01:32)Karellen Wrote: I found another link for the download... https://www.kodinerds.net/index.php/Thre...post355109

I was able to install and once I configured it correctly, the error messages stopped. But, like you said, nothing happens when you watch a movie.
 how did you configure it? perhaps i can use those settings on service.nfo.watchedstate.updater_axbmcuser version. that 1 was working on kodi 17.6 but i think something in osmc broke it. i can try to install libreelec to try tomorrow.
It worked. I had the wrong Port set.

This is the settings I used in the Add-on. For the section with the blue text, adjust those settings here... https://kodi.wiki/view/Settings/Services/Control Make sure both settings are enabled.

It would be great if it also added <lastplayed></lastplayed> date

My Signature
(2018-05-06, 06:14)Karellen Wrote: It worked. I had the wrong Port set.

This is the settings I used in the Add-on. For the section with the blue text, adjust those settings here... https://kodi.wiki/view/Settings/Services/Control Make sure both settings are enabled.

It would be great if it also added <lastplayed></lastplayed> date

thank you so much! ill give changing a settings a try and to verify i turned on those controls.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
nfo watched state updater0