OS X System sleeps while Kodi is running
Kodi nightly version: kodi-20180502-d447f863-master-x86_64
OS X: 10.13.4 on 27" mid-2010 iMac

Lately I'm seeing the Mac screensaver and/or system sleep occur while Kodi is running. Previously if Kodi was running, the screen would stay awake indefinitely, although Kodi's screensaver/dimming settings would take effect. Now after finishing a video (greater than the system screensaver time), Kodi will immediately go to the OS X screensaver. It will also go to screensaver and then sleep if I leave Kodi open without playing a video. Kodi's power saving setting is off, and I haven't changed the iMac settings which are currently set to screensaver at 10 minutes and display sleep at 15 minutes. I'm not sure if this is a change in Kodi, but I could reinstall 17.6 to see if it's a problem with the nightlies. Is anyone else experiencing this?
Hey! Maybe is not the solution you are looking for, but I use Amphetamines (Itunes Store) and it helps a lot. It prevents HD and Monitor to turn off or rest through a trigger you set, like opening Kodi for instance.

Good luck!
Thanks. We've had Caffeine installed for a long time, but it's been years since we've needed it for anything. I started it up again until something changes that disables the screensaver again.
Just in case this helps anyone, changing Kodi's screensaver from "None" to "Dim" stopped the system screensaver/sleep from occurring. Fixed!
(2018-12-08, 19:35)doomedtx Wrote: Just in case this helps anyone, changing Kodi's screensaver from "None" to "Dim" stopped the system screensaver/sleep from occurring. Fixed!
 Confirmed.  I had this issue as well and changing from None to Dim resolved it.
Thanks for the fix. I had been noticing the same behavior.

I wish there was a way to use my macOS screensavers, but that Kodi would be able to keep the system from going to sleep.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
System sleeps while Kodi is running0