Solved help. cant get some videos do show sanopsis or desplay on defalt skin (kodi 17)
Hi all

I'm prety new to kodi.

Some videos for exzampel I can't get ben 10 epasod's folder's to show up. The files are playabul if I go to Videos/Files/(my added sorce folder's)

how do I add dvd extras and non data base videos.
Hello @orbitPON

Kodi obtains the data about movies and tv shows from third party sources that we have no control over. It is important that you check their website to ensure you have the same naming and listing as them.

I assume you are using the default scraper TVDB. This is their Ben 10 listing... https://www.thetvdb.com/series/ben-10/seasons/all

So you would name the TV Show folder Ben 10 and then the episode files would be named Ben 10 S01E01 for Season 1 Episode 1. Make sure you files are in the same order as listed there.

More help here... https://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
ok so shuld I label the epasod "And Then There Were 10" or  Ben 10 S01E01 ?
I tryed "01 - And Then There Was 10" and no positiev resalts.
Whats the best way to have kodi sinke up with the db infor for lets say I acuayl get the corect name for ben 10's eps ?  Thears so many diferant areas of the skin and each have some of the same options. exzampel; updat libreary, chaing contint, scan for new content and edit sorce.
The TV Show folder must be named Ben 10, which is exactly the same as at TVDB... https://www.thetvdb.com/series/ben-10

The episodes must contain the Season and Episode numbers like S01E01. As long as the episode name contains that, then you can add whatever you like. Here are some examples...

Ben 10 S01E01
Ben 10 S01E01 - And Then There Were 10
S01E01
S01E01 - And Then There Were 10

Any of these should work.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2018-05-07, 07:37)orbitPON Wrote: Thears so many diferant areas of the skin and each have some of the same options. exzampel; updat libreary, chaing contint, scan for new content and edit sorce.
witch option shuld I use if I add files to a sorce ?
This page shows all the available ways to add new items to the library from an existing source... https://kodi.wiki/view/Updating_or_removing_videos

I always use item 3.5 in my library, because I don't add a lot of content all the time and I can immediately checked if it worked ok.
My Signature
ok so I chainged a bin 10 epsod to "S01E01 And Then There Was 10" and the scraper is steal not showing it.. hmmmm

Ween I try Refresh sorce and go back to Change content it shows up as if I did not select "None"
  1. Navigate to and enter Files
  2. Highlight the source to be refreshed
  3. Call up the Context Menu
  4. Select Change content
  5. Change the Content Setting by adjusting This directory contains to None
  6. Select OK
  7. Kodi will ask Do you want to remove all items within this path from your library?. Select Yes
  8. The entries will be removed from the library.
  9. Go back and change the content setting back to its previous setting using Set Content in the context menu
  10. Kodi will ask Do you want to refresh information for all items within this path? Answer Yes
  11. Kodi will scan the Source and scrape the videos with the new information.

I tryed all the options.

EDIT: OK so I finaly figerd it out.
Only one of the ben 10 (Ben 10 Ultimate Alien, Ben 10 Alien Force and ben 10) sesions show up in my library.
Ween I look in the sorce folders I noticed the one was all renamed to "2x01. blablabla". So wen I manualy chaing the acual files names to 1x01 and so on it fixed my problem.   

Smile ty so much for you time , pations and ability to be abule to under stand me.. THANX
Glad you got it solved. Sounds like it was a Naming issue as I stated in my first post.

Although there is nothing wrong with the procedure you carried out, it affects the entire Source when all you wanted to do was fix one show.

For one show, it is better to select the show in the TV Show listing (not files) Context Menu>Manage>Remove from library. Then you can go back to Videos>Files and re-add the show. This way it only affects the one show, not all your shows.
My Signature
Thread marked solved.
My Signature

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
help. cant get some videos do show sanopsis or desplay on defalt skin (kodi 17)0