Win Album Display
Hi,

I have tried searching the forum before posting this here.

My question is related to the way album is displayed in Music section.

I find the same album is shown multiple times because the songs in the album are sung by different artists.

I just want to have album displayed once without being repeatedly displayed for each artist. Please check the screenshot attached.

Please advise if there is already a setting which I have missed.

Thank you.
Hello @Wizard0f0z

Your images are not working...

If the image is on your computer, then use button 19. If the image has already been uploaded to a public image hosting site, then use button 14

Also, tell us...
1. which version Kodi you are using
2. do you have local artwork in your folders.
3. How are your folders setup for albums and artists
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)

Thank you  Smile
I think you have a problem with your tagging of the music files.

You are in the Album Node, so an album should only show up once, not multiple times. This means your tags are not consistent between the songs in the album, that is why you are getting multiple copies of the same album.

The multiple artists should only show up in the Artists node.

You should retag your music files using MusicBrainz Picard which will give you consistent tags for all the songs in the same album... https://kodi.wiki/view/Music_tagging#Tagging
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Hi @Karellen

1. which version Kodi you are using
I am using the Latest Windows Store version 17.6 (Compiled Date: Dec 10 2017)
2. do you have local artwork in your folders. 
Yes, I have artwork both embedded in the mp3 and folders.
3. How are your folders setup for albums and artists
Folder Structure is <base path>\<language>\<Album Name>\<Song Title>

Please let me know if you need any other details.

Thank you.
Hi @Karellen ,

Please find the screenshot of the tags for the files below.

I have 5 songs in total for the album "Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara", Out of which one Song is sung by Alyssa Mendonsa, two songs sung by Farhan Akhtar, and two songs sung by Shankar Mahadevan.

So the album displays three times for unique combinations of "Album name and Artist" as shown in the screenshot earlier.

These songs were already sorted by MusicBrainz Picard.

Please advise.
Ok, I found your album here... https://musicbrainz.org/release/a227b604...dd36022b18

Can you provide a screenshot of the tags in your files, similar to what I have in this example image...

Pick two songs that are on the same album, but are shown on different albums in Kodi- one from Farhan Akhtar and one from Shankar Mahadevan and provide the two screenshots.

My Signature
Hi @Karellen 

This is the screenshot for Artist Farhan Akhtar showing two songs.

And this is the screenshot showing for Shankar Mahadevan.

If the album is being displayed only by the album tag in the music files, it shouldn't matter what the artists are... isn't it?

I may be wrong.. I don't have the understanding of how Kodi picks up album name.

Thank you.
Umm, that looks nothing like the example image I provided. As you said you tagged with MusicBrainz I assumed you were familiar with the software MusicBrainz Picard, which is where my example image is from.

I need to see the tags, not the displays in Kodi.
My Signature
Hi @Karellen 

Sorry misunderstood your request.

I have rescanned my music using MusicBrainz Picard and attaching the output for both the artists below.

Please advise.
Hi @Karellen 

I have another question. Why does Kodi show Artist name along with the Album Name?

Cheers!!
I did suspect a problem with tags, and those images show there is a problem.

The second image - Der Lagi Lekin shows a fully tagged music file which matches the listing at MusicBrainz

The first image - To Zinda Ho Tum shows only basic tags (left column) with the right column showing the tags that are missing

You will need to save the missing tags into the music file. Check all your songs in that album. Run them through Picard again, it won't cause any issue if you do. Remember to hit Save.

Kodi v17.x only reads the tags first time they are scanned into the library. So if you change the tags, the songs have to be removed from the Source, run a clean library, then move them back and scan for new content.

See section 4.1 to remove and then section 2.5 to scan into library and 3.3 and 3.4 to scrape additional data if you want it... https://kodi.wiki/view/Update_Music_Library
My Signature
(2018-05-07, 05:39)Wizard0f0z Wrote: Why does Kodi show Artist name along with the Album Name?
For clarification. In my library I have 10-15 albums named "The Best Of..." That is the full title of the album. So the artist name is shown to assist in identifying the album.
My Signature
Hi @Karellen 

The method you suggested worked. But it doesn't seem right.

What has now happened after scanning the files with MusicBrainz Picard is that all the album artist name has changed to one name "Shankar-Ehsaan-Loy".

This is the reason all the songs are shown on one album in the Album view. But, this has changed my artist view from showing multiple artists to just one artist "Shankar Ehsaan-Loy".

For example, If I had two artists earlier, say "ABC; XYZ", the artist view shows two entries for artists ABC and XYZ, and when you click on this, it shows all songs for ABC and XYZ.

But now, since only one artist shows in the Artist view, when I click on it it just shows the album for that artist.

Please advise.
Smile 
Hi @Karellen 

I think I kind of figured out what I need to do.

1. Replacing all commas with semi-colons split the names in Artist Column.

2. If I have following files with album, artists and album artists as shown, I need to enter details as follows.
ALBUM                               ARTIST                                  ALBUM ARTIST
================   ==================   ====================================
Album Title                         ABC; PQR;                              ABC; PQR; XYZ;
Album Title                         PQR; XYZ;                              ABC; PQR; XYZ;
Album Title                         XYZ;                                      ABC; PQR; XYZ;
Album Title                         ABC;                                      ABC; PQR; XYZ;

This creates one single album under Album View and three different Artist names in the Artist display without one Artist with the name "ABC, PQR, XYZ"

I have tried this with another album having similar display and thats resolved it.

This has given me a deeper understanding of how all the items are displayed in Kodi  Cool Cool ​​​​​

Thank you so much for your help.

​​​​​​​Cheers!!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Album Display0