MSVCP71.dll error
when ever I try and running any of the apple movie trailers I get an error saying that MSVCP71.dll is missing. I have added it to the windows system folder, the xbmc folder and still no good. any thoughts?
that won't help Smile. and you don't need it.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Well everytime I try to view one of the movie trailers it throws that error and then XBMC crashes.
Maybe you should provide way more details ? Just a thought.
42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot

Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
xbmc running on xp pro sp2, 1 gig of ram. from the log file: Starting XBMC, Platform: Windows. Built on May 3 2008 (compiler 1310). what other details should I provide?
I am also noticing looking through the log file that I can't connect to the weather, google, feedburner. it comes up with the following error: ERROR: Unable to connect to feeds.feedburner.com: 10049 I thought that I opened port 10049 on my router.
we need a debug log as usual to know anything. make sure it is a debug log to not waste your or mine time. (check wike if you don't know how to make it one)

i guess you're running windows vista? just download msvcp71.dll and msvcr71.dll from the internet and copy them into windows\system. at least this worked for me.
I am running XP not vista, but adding the file msvcr71.dll fixed it. no more errors. the apple trailers works and I can watch dvd's.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MSVCP71.dll error0