Mixed feature requests/bug reports
A few bugs first.
1. Renaming a folder will prompt for an extra scan, picking no will crash kodi and force a reboot.
2. using a usb mouse on the virtual keyboard, you can move the cursor between keys and two keys are highlighted at once, (but the latest highlight counts, even though the cursor is still mostly on the previous item)
 - eg. if you move your pointer towards 2 from 1, before you get closer to 2 than 1, 2 will be highlighted and clicking will enter a 2, even though the mouse is coming from 1 and is still mostly on 1 (hope that explains it)
3. Playing movies from NFS doesn't work (for long). I get from 8-20 seconds into a tv episode and the movie pauses. Waiting longer the cursor will freeze. Reboot required or ssh and kill kodi. rinse repeat. (not 100% sure it's kodi's fault, could be my NFS setup, so i'm open to suggestions here).

A few feature requests.
1. When i create a backup, i expect it to include all my settings and my movie/music libraries. This one hurt. When you might as well install a fresh image, it makes backup pointless.
2. Fix default Overscan Settings. Move video calibration out of Expert, when the default is overscan beyond any tv and flatscreen border. Make the default non-overscan and let people expand borders if it's too small. Too small is preferred to unreadable out-of-screen text.
3. Enable samba auth and the default user for the samba server.
4. Fix the samba client so it can browse local networks without setting up custom smb connections. Add a default user? and let us customize a default user/pass to "browse as" with the client.

Hope you'll consider some of these changes. And i'll gladly try and provide more info, debug logs, etc. for the bugs/crashes.
1)How are you renaming the folder? I tried through the file manager and there was no prompt for a new scan.

2)I have the opposite thing happen when moving the mouse from 1>2 it works for me but from 2>1 I have the same thing on estuary, with that being said that skin is not suppose to be used with a mouse.

3)I have used NFS for the last 5 years and never had a problem.

providing a debug log for problems 1 and 3 may help
It would be much preferred not to put bugs and requests in the same post, as the bugs are going to get missed here.

For the "bugs" we need a lot more info, such as OS and details. Most of this can be got from a debug log (wiki) - see the next post. Then ideally start a new thread in the appropriate OS support section with the greater detail.

For the feature requests:

1) How are you doing the back-up, via the add-on or some other route? Vanilla Kodi doesn't have a back-up option.
2) It's normally preferable to fix overscan on the TV or whatever you're viewing on. That's basically why it's in expert mode, although there is some weight I think (personally) to making it available at a lower level.
3/4) Browsing is only available on SMB1, which the world is moving away from due to the Wannacry issue and its inherent security holes. SMB2 or SMB3 are much preferred for security, but don't have browse capabilities.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
To receive meaningful assistance you will need to provide a full debug log.

The instructions are here... debug log (wiki)

If you are using the Basic Method, then ensure the following is applied...
1.Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging,
2.Restart Kodi
3.Replicate the problem.

If you are using the Advanced Method ensure you have correctly created and applied the advancedsettings.xml file.

In both instances, you should see the word DEBUG throughout the log.

Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs
Do NOT post your logs directly into the forum. Always use a paste site like pastebin.com. Post the link to your pasted log in the forum
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Mixed feature requests/bug reports0