• 2(current)
Linux v18, no visualisations / screensavers work, projectM crashes
yes and yes.
sorry i cannot really install stuff on the box i develop on. so i build everything myself. i'll try to install debs stuff on my laptop once i have it and recall this Wink and yes, i have tested with the very latest, it works fine. i do get the same noise in the log, i haven't tried to fix that yet, but it works fine.
Hey @spiff , so I guess projectm is still working for you with current Leia nightlies? Just tried again today, with a complete fresh install of Kodi on Lubuntu 18.04.1. Still getting the same errors in log. Kodi seems to try to go fullscreen for vis on playing music, but hangs for a while and then restarts itself Undecided can post a link to log later, but pretty much looking similiar to what I posted above.
I have the same issue on Ubuntu 18.04 with Leia beta 2.
Also the errors that you posted end of July. Screen stays black an Kodi crashes.
I tried to compile it myself but with no luck Sad
Kodi 21.0α | Ubuntu 22.04.3 | Kernel 6.4.x | intel i5-12600K | Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X DDR4 | Corsair 2x8192MB (DDR4-3200) | HDPlex H5v2 | HDPlex 400W HiFi DC-ATX | Pioneer VSX-934 | LG 65B7D
Weird that it works for you @wsnipex  .... I set up my own build env a couple of days ago and am following the kodi build guide exactly:

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master...E.Linux.md

It does build projectm, I can select it in kodi, but either nothing happens -> black screen, or kodi crashes with latest leia nightlies. Only vis I can get to work right now is spectrum.
nothing changed, it doesn't work for me either. No viz showing up
an educated guess; it works with the old GL profile, but does not work the >= 3.2 profile. so it will depend on your gl drivers etc etc.
(2018-09-25, 11:28)spiff Wrote: an educated guess; it works with the old GL profile, but does not work the >= 3.2 profile. so it will depend on your gl drivers etc etc.
Any plans on making the visualizations compatible with the newer profiles and thus Leie on a current Ubuntu system? ;-)
it would big surgery on a upstream library - not something i really have on my todo, no.
So basically you are saying ... no vis in an Ubuntu 18.04.1 environment, which comes with opengl profile >=3.2:

$ glxinfo | grep -i opengl
OpenGL vendor string: Intel Open Source Technology Center
OpenGL renderer string: Mesa DRI Intel® HD Graphics (Coffeelake 3x8 GT2)
OpenGL core profile version string: 4.5 (Core Profile) Mesa 18.0.5
OpenGL core profile shading language version string: 4.50
OpenGL core profile context flags: (none)
OpenGL core profile profile mask: core profile
OpenGL core profile extensions:
OpenGL version string: 3.0 Mesa 18.0.5
OpenGL shading language version string: 1.30
OpenGL context flags: (none)
OpenGL extensions:
OpenGL ES profile version string: OpenGL ES 3.2 Mesa 18.0.5
OpenGL ES profile shading language version string: OpenGL ES GLSL ES 3.20
OpenGL ES profile extensions:
yes, that's basically what i'm saying.. you can test if it behaves better if you launch kodi with old gl, by setting MESA_GL_VERSION_OVERRIDE=3.0
thx @spiff , it actually works with the 3.0 profile. I can't seem to lock presets by pressing the "L" key though. Log shows keypress recognized as "lock preset" but it doesn't seem to have any effect.

boba
(2018-09-26, 12:06)boba23 Wrote: thx @spiff , it actually works with the 3.0 profile. I can't seem to lock presets by pressing the "L" key though. Log shows keypress recognized as "lock preset" but it doesn't seem to have any effect.

boba
 How did you set it?
In the openbox autostart config?

I still didn't got it runing :/
In the openbox autostart I have now:

MESA_GL_VERSION_OVERRIDE=3.0
/usr/bin/kodi --standalone

But with this Kodi just crashes and in System info I still see the profile 4.5
Kodi 21.0α | Ubuntu 22.04.3 | Kernel 6.4.x | intel i5-12600K | Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X DDR4 | Corsair 2x8192MB (DDR4-3200) | HDPlex H5v2 | HDPlex 400W HiFi DC-ATX | Pioneer VSX-934 | LG 65B7D
export the variable.
Correct, add "export" in front of that line...
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
v18, no visualisations / screensavers work, projectM crashes0