• 6(current)
Linux v18, no visualisations / screensavers work, projectM crashes
guys. i have already told you there is issues with persisting the settings. there is a branch for that, and there is a branch for 3.0.1 support. master is not yet updated. patience, i will tell you when it's in order.
(2018-10-24, 09:33)spiff Wrote: guys. i have already told you there is issues with persisting the settings. there is a branch for that, and there is a branch for 3.0.1 support. master is not yet updated. patience, i will tell you when it's in order.

Ok thanks, we will try to keep our cool [emoji28]
And sorry [emoji85]
Kodi 21.0α | Ubuntu 22.04.3 | Kernel 6.4.x | intel i5-12600K | Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X DDR4 | Corsair 2x8192MB (DDR4-3200) | HDPlex H5v2 | HDPlex 400W HiFi DC-ATX | Pioneer VSX-934 | LG 65B7D
@3dfx 

hey man, a little of topic, but since you are on latest nightlies as well ... does movie/video scraping still work for you? it seems broken for me in current builds. hitting info on a video title does absolutely nothing for me which worked perfectly fine like a week ago.
Keep it on topic!
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
master is now updated, setting persistence is fixed, it is updated to 3.0.1 meaning modern gl profile support. ppa is on the way.
Thanks spiff, I can confirm that locking works now Big Grin
But the one issue remains, where I switch from/to fullscreen visualisation and projectM gets kinda restarted, you see how the preset is starting from scratch visualizing the preset.

Regardless of that, nice work Smile
Kodi 21.0α | Ubuntu 22.04.3 | Kernel 6.4.x | intel i5-12600K | Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X DDR4 | Corsair 2x8192MB (DDR4-3200) | HDPlex H5v2 | HDPlex 400W HiFi DC-ATX | Pioneer VSX-934 | LG 65B7D
That is how it has always been. Core issue nothing to do with the addon.
Hmmmm, maybe my old brain remembers wrong ^^
projectM is working for me with the latest LibreELEC (.007) and DLing from the repository.

Thank you @spiff
(2018-10-27, 02:23)spiff Wrote: master is now updated, setting persistence is fixed, it is updated to 3.0.1 meaning modern gl profile support. ppa is on the way.
 What's the word on PPA packaging? Since we're at already at RC1, it would be nice to get some testing in before release.
afaik it has been in place for a month or so.
Okay great, I recall about a month ago I tried installing it, but it was auto-disabled due to compatibility problems. I'll do some testing and report back with any issues.
@spiff 

Is it possible to also include "projectm-pulseaudio" in the build?
I am asking, because using the projectm package from the kodi ppa (unstable) makes it impossible to install this package from the ubuntu repo because of incompatible dependencies.
projectm-pulseaudio is the only way where I can preview the presets so I can put together my own list of presets.
No, we rely on a patch. It has been sent upstream but yet to be in a release last time i checked, and even more unlikely to be in the distro packages.
so.. I still suffer from the initial issue.
the only difference is, that wave now works along with spectrum. both however stress the cpu and are most likely not rendered on the GPU

I tried limiting the GL profile to 3.0 with
MESA_GL_VERSION_OVERRIDE=3.0
as mentioned here:
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2777296
but it did not change anything.

my launch script looks something like this:
Code:
kodi@kodi:~$ cat launch_kodi.sh 
#!/bin/bash
export MESA_GL_VERSION_OVERRIDE=3.0;
glxinfo > ~/glxinfo.log
/usr/local/bin/kodi
the ~/glxinfo.log file confirms that the change is effective

the spectrum did work in kodi 17.6 that came with debian testing.

currently I'm on git commit bd99f17b03ae249ed58889bd042b370517370b56

every now and then, I pull and rebuild. mostly, when os updates change some libs and kodi stops working until it is rebuilt.
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
v18, no visualisations / screensavers work, projectM crashes0