Solved Passwords and SMB access to NAS
So been running Kodi on an Intel NUC pointed at a Synology NAS as a media server - using SMB.  Now kids are using it I am keen to restrict their access to certain NAS folders.  It would appear in the past ( about 2 years ago ) I've given Kodi Admin user rights and login to the synology so this creates an issue when I place user restrictions on the shared folders on the NAS - basically Kodi ignores it all, thinks its admin and can access all of them using the files menu.  Where can i remove the admin password in kodi and then set it up with a guest login ? I've tried to locate and find the password.xml file to edit but can't see it. I've unhidden folders etc as well. I believe I am in the correct userdata location but it's just not there. 

I could use profiles but keen to keep the access controlled via the synology nas and different guest accounts / sharing profiles etc.

Hope that make sense.

Thanks

Ged
Folks. Consider this solved. I have kodi on 2 machines - desktop ( where i play with my builds and skins ) and the Intel NUC. Was looking on the desktop but no password file.  There was one on the NUC. Deleted this and got it working the way I want. Thanks
Thread marked solved.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Passwords and SMB access to NAS0