Specific Subtitles
Information 
Hi,
Ive been looking at different subtitle possibilities 
Im wanting a way of using subtitles only on parts that are not in English.
For example in the film Blank Panther I would only want subtitles at the parts when they are speaking African? If I enable normal subtitles then they are visible on the English speaking parts as well and I'd rather not have to keep pausing the film and toggling between enabling and disabling subtitles?

Any ideas?

Thanks
That is not a Kodi issue. That has to do with the author / distributor of the media and what subtitles have been added to the movie.

Usually this is known as the Forced subtitle track, and is for exactly the reason you described. If you don't have the forced subtitle stream, then you need to re-rip the disk or contact the vendor you purchased the video from.

Remember Kodi does not create or distribute any movies. It is up to you to provide content, and content that is suitable for your purpose.

A quick google search should provide answers to your expected subsequent questions
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Excellent resource for blu ray/dvd forced subtitle track info:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1...dit#gid=20

Somebody built a spreadsheet, it's great, and is constantly updated for new releases!

My workflow is a bit tedious, but is as follows:

1. Find movie in spreadsheet, determine "forced" track if applicable.
2. Rip disc with MakeMKV, select video/audio tracks and the forced sub track.
3. Run resulting MKV file through MKVToolnix and tag the forced subtitle track as "forced".
4. Play file in Kodi, profit.

FYI, the third English subtitle on the Black Panther bluray disc is the "forced" one.
Matrix 19.x (LE), Aeon Nox SiLVO, NUC8i5BEK (i5-8259U, Intel Iris Plus Graphics 655, 16 GB ram, 128 GB M.2 SSD)
Samsung F6300 46" LED LCD TV, SMSL Q5 Pro amplifier, Pioneer HPM-100 speakers
Synology DS215j NAS fileserver (WD Gold 10TB x 2)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Specific Subtitles0