Req Scrapping directly from Bandcamp? Possible?
Hi,

I have a question, would it be possible to scrape info from bandcamp directly... just curious... because theres a lot of musicians and bands that only have their info overthere.
Link?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2018-05-09, 23:13)Karellen Wrote: Link?

https://bandcamp.com/

it´s simillar to spotify for independent artists, they have an api, but don´t understand what it does.

well at least for tracks and album covers.

maybe it was a dumb question... theres already an addon for that
moved to add-on requests
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
theres already an addon i posted it! But i was asking was for scrapping! was it filled under metadata scrappers addon or music addons? just curious.
Yes I saw the add-on thread you commenced. But my understanding is that you want a Scraper, which is different to the other add-on.

A Scraper is also an Add-on so it belongs in the add-on request forum (think of the Universal Movie Scraper add-on). The add-on developers tend to browse this forum, and less likely to miss any requests.

Though when I looked at the link you posted, I could see no information on API at the site.
My Signature
thanks

i googled it

i think it is here https://bandcamp.com/developer
That API is only for users/labels/merchants to manage their bands' accounts. It is not a searching/scraping API.
ok dumb question than
Nope, not a dumb question.
My Signature
Not a dumb question. More scrapers = better data. It just turns out it is not possible for Bandcamp.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Scrapping directly from Bandcamp? Possible?0