Can't watch live TV or recordings on any none windows devices.
Hi there.
I have 5 machines in my system.
Windows 10, Intel NUC 2820 with MediaPortal 2 Server running, also used as client
Windows 10, Intel NUC 2820
Windows 10, Gaming PC
Vero4K
Nvidia Shield

The issue I have is that all of the Windows 10 machines can watch live TV and recordings, but the Vero4K and the Shield can't seem to access the timeshift or recording shares.
Every time I try to watch anything to do with Live TV it just fails (No on screen message)
The folders do seem to be shared correctly, as I can see and watch them on the other PC's.
I have tried adding my windows username and password in the MediaPortal PVR app settings, but it makes no difference.
Here is the Debug Log

The problem seems to be something to do with this...
Code:
22:05:34.399 T:138388153424 INFO: SMBFile->Open: Unable to open file : 'smb://SERVER-NUC/Recorded%20TV/New_%20Family%20Guy%20-%20ITV2%20-%202018-05-07.ts' unix_err:'6e' error : 'Connection timed out'

Any help much appreciated

John
The first thing I would do is add that share as a video source and try to play the recordings from there.

Are the non-windows boxes set up to be in the same workgroup?
Thanks for the reply.
I've tried your suggestion of adding the sources, but the strange thing is neither the Shield or the Vero4K can see ANY SMB files or folders. It's like they aren't there. Even those that are on my NAS. The workgroup on all  machines is set to "WORKGROUP", so I don't think it's that. Perhaps this is a question for the Android or Linux forums.
Do not use the server hostname for accessing smb based network shares on Android devices but the server IP!
The problem is, Mediaportal doesn't seem to let you use the IP when adding recording and timeshift folders. You have to add it by browsing for it, which only gives you hostnames to choose from.
You need to put the IP into the Kodi pvr addon settings, not into the TVServer!
Unless I'm looking in the wrong place, the addon only has options for the server itself, not for the timeshift and recording folders. I have that set to the IP address. The issue seems to be that even with the IP set in the addon, kodi still uses the hostname address found in MediaPortal configuration for accessing recordings and timeshift.
Then i suggest the same as mcelliot.
Add your recording share as a video source in Kodi and try to play it from there. Don't try to browse the network for your server, it will not work! Just enter the server manual as a new source.

Btw. what Kodi version we are talking about? Krypton or Leia? You're debug log seems to be expired...
Also read this: 2739286 (post)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can't watch live TV or recordings on any none windows devices.0