Commercial Skipping too early
I'm so nearly at the stage where EDL is working for me. I have recordings from mythtv with commercials flagged correctly. The issue is that during playback it skips commercials too early and restarts too late.

Having read some docs I now have this in my advancedsettings.xml

xml:
<advancedsettings>
<edl>
<!-- if true, commercial breaks will be merged according to the remaining options. -->
<mergeshortcommbreaks>true</mergeshortcommbreaks>
<!-- Commercial breaks won't be merged if the total length of the commercial break would be greater than this (seconds) -->
<maxcommbreaklength>250</maxcommbreaklength>
<!-- After merging, commercial breaks shorter than this will be removed (seconds) -->
<mincommbreaklength>90</mincommbreaklength>
<!-- Commercial breaks that are further apart than this won't be merged (seconds) -->
<maxcommbreakgap>120</maxcommbreakgap>
<!-- How long to wait before automatically skipping when the start of a commercial break reached (seconds) -->
<commbreakautowait>60</commbreakautowait>
<!-- How long to rewind after automatically skipping to the end of the commercial break (seconds) -->
<commbreakautowind>30</commbreakautowind>
</edl>
</advancedsettings>

This has half-cured the problem. The commbreakautowind settings is working. The problem is that commbreakautowait makes no difference, no matter what I set it to - the commercial skip always happens at the same point - i,e about a minute too early.
I can't remember the advanced settings off the top of my head but there is one that lets you move the start and stop point of the break by a time period you define. i.e. you can have it wait an extra 2 seconds before starting the skip and end the skip early.  should be in the wiki

edit
Actually I think its the commbreakautowait.  If you have it set to 60 seconds that seems like an awfully long time.  mine is set to two seconds then commbreakautowind I have at 5 seconds.  30 seconds also seems like way to much.

perhaps you should look at changing your mythcommflag settings

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Commercial Skipping too early0