Customized Menus
I currently use aeon nox skin, as I have customized menus buttons to playlist I have created. I just recently found out there are Kodi builds that can be installed.

Does anyone know which of these allow the customized menus buttons?  This will save me the time of going through everyone to see which does or does not.
Are custom "builds" frown upon because of piracy? I have just been searching the forum a little more.

The reason I wanted to try custom builds is I installed Kodi on Xbox one and nothing seems to work. Where there are all these post boasting about custom installs working on Xbox One.

I can't get the Aeon Nox skin to load or any backup tools to reload my stuff, from another kodi device. So I thought I would try a custom build until 18.0 – Leia – Alpha is working.
@stilcor

It depends on what you mean by Builds as it can refer to both the accepted and unacceptable.

1. If you download a build off the internet which almost always installs add-ons as well, then yes it is banned from this forum as it enables easy access to Pirated and Copyright Infringing movies and tv shows. We didn't develop them, so it is not up to us to help you with them. They, and your installation of Kodi is then banned from receiving assistance at this forum until you clean it and submit a Debug Log showing it has been cleaned.

2. If you downloaded a skin from this forum and then made some changes to a skin, such as changing colour, fonts, images, etc then you should refer to it as a skin Mod (modified).

3. If you are talking about builds such as, say, LibreElec, OpenElec, MrMC etc, then don't refer to them as builds, but use their correct names. Technically they are forks of Kodi but can also be builds of Kodi.

Hope that clears it up. Don't fall into group 1 because there is some nasty malware hidden in some of those builds.

But sounds like you have fallen into group 1, so no support.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Thanks Karellen,

I guess my question falls under group 1. Though i haven't installed any thing yet, so I'm not in group 1 Smile Now I know why all those sites keep promoting VPNs

Ok just a side question to what you were saying. What about when you have to turn on Unknown sources for add-ons (in Settings/ System) as I tried a few backup wizard, though the ones I tried didn’t work.

Are those applications banned as well?
The Unknown Sources in settings is used to allow installation of add-ons outside the Official Kodi Repository. The Official Repository is considered safe territory.

Not all add-ons are bad or banned. For example, this forum hosts a lot of add-ons that are not in the Official Repository for various reasons. But they have been vetted and deemed safe. But to install you have to enable Unknown Sources.

Consider this... If an add-on or Build is offering you free or heavily discounted content to what you are normally accustomed to paying, then it will be banned here. But not all banned add-ons are piracy related. There are some malicious add-ons that allow keylogging, trojans, bitcoin mining and other activities to occur on your hardware without your permission or knowledge.

Kodi is not an alternative to Netflix, Amazon, Foxtel, Disney or any other premium paid channel in your country.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
I don't use any external content with my media centre (Kodi) only my own stuff.. and on occasion Youtube

Ok so leave the Unknown Sources alone until I know there approved/ vetted on here. I gather there is a list somewhere on hereHuh Or if i find a add-on I like. I'm best to search/ post on here to make sure it has been vetted 1st?
No, there is no list of approved add-ons, apart from the Official Repository and the add-ons in this forum which are ok.

There is an example list of banned add-ons. See the link in My Signature below.

(2018-05-15, 08:49)stilcor Wrote: Or if i find a add-on I like. I'm best to search/ post on here to make sure it has been vetted 1st?
Yes, you can do that. Check the banned list first, just so you don't get flamed as a troll if you ask about the wrong one Smile
My Signature
Thanks for your help and info, I've now removed and reinstalled kodi, just to be sure.

Oh and your signature is very handy Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Customized Menus0