Help adding UrlResolver to my first plugin
Hello, im new to coding and need some help in making my first addon. I have the addon loading and scraping my links from my movie account that i would like to play, but i can't seem to get UrlResolver to work with my code. Can someone help me in adding Resolver so my links will be resolved before playing. Thank you 

*MOD EDIT*
Script removed.
I think you will find that is a banned_add-on (wiki)

scott s.
Thanks for the reply, i'm finding that everything is a banned add on.
(2018-05-16, 05:09)clairvius Wrote: Thanks for the reply, i'm finding that everything is a banned add on.
 Probably more accurate to say everything you are interested in is a banned add on?

Kodi is open source and we encourage a health community; however if you are interested in using/creating software to infringe on copyrighted media, please look elsewhere.
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
just because i'm looking to try and play video sources from my personal online account doesn't mean i'm looking to infringe on copyrighted media.
(2018-05-16, 05:51)clairvius Wrote: just because i'm looking to try and play video sources from my personal online account doesn't mean i'm looking to infringe on copyrighted media.

You are correct, which explains my use of "If".

It was only a natural conclusion to someone who keeps running into banned add-on... No offense was meant.
Yet it's not a banned addon as far as I've been told (?) It still sits in the Kodi repo and does nothing 'illegal', unless parsing links from file lockers is somehow illegal now
@Eldorado things have changed since our last conversation. URLresolver was added to the banned plugin list and is/was in the process of being removed from the Kodi repository due to the following reasons:

1. Module in the Kodi repository was not being maintained/updated.
2. Less than a handful of Kodi repository plugins are using it.
3. The only active "development" is purely for banned plugins; and not part of official repository.

Basically, due to foolish abuse a once useful module is now solely a piracy tool.

If you want to resolve youtube links, the Youtube plugin supports it.
@Lunatixz it is still in our repo (https://github.com/xbmc/repo-scripts/tre...rlresolver) and not marked broken.
(2018-05-16, 17:20)Lunatixz Wrote: @Eldorado things have changed since our last conversation. URLresolver was added to the banned plugin list and is/was in the process of being removed from the Kodi repository due to the following reasons:

1. Module in the Kodi repository was not being maintained/updated.
2. Less than a handful of Kodi repository plugins are using it.
3. The only active "development" is purely for banned plugins; and not part of official repository.

Basically, due to foolish abuse a once useful module is now solely a piracy tool.

If you want to resolve youtube links, the Youtube plugin supports it.
 Kind of ridiculous reasons, wouldn't you think?

1. Maybe not maintained, but is still working, should this even be a factor in 'banning' an addon? Do you guys actively purge other addons in the same nature? What if I sent in an update?
2. Less than a handful, at first it was at least one addon needed to use it.. now it needs more than a handful? Come on.. if this one doesn't take the cake..
3. Debatable.. also has been forked to another name which is now used by majority of banned addons

We also right in this thread have a dev wishing to use it for non-piracy related addon

Come on Kodi guys, this is really getting comical now.. if it wasn't already, only 1 reason on that list has a fraction of validity, yet should be squashed easily by even just one legal use which you have within your own repo

So what happens to those addons that are in your repo that have a dependency to it? Screw em.. there's only a hanful of ya's!?

My example for youtube was obviously just for purposes of making an example
(2018-05-16, 20:12)Eldorado Wrote: Come on Kodi guys, this is really getting comical now.. if it wasn't already, only 1 reason on that list has a fraction of validity, yet should be squashed easily by even just one legal use which you have within your own repo
How is it comical? There is no active Kodi repository development using this module, only several plugins use urlresolver and all of them were last updated years ago. It's clear the only "active" use of this module is third-party and does not involve Kodi... all of this adds up to a deprecated module. Take note all the uses of this module in our repository primarily deal with resolving youtube links; something the youtube plugin already handles.
(2018-05-16, 20:12)Eldorado Wrote: So what happens to those addons that are in your repo that have a dependency to it? Screw em.. there's only a hanful of ya's!?
The team is actively trying to reach out to the handful of developers using urlresolver.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help adding UrlResolver to my first plugin0