Solved Show Movies Not in Sets?
Is there a way to show movies that have not yet been added to a set (orphans)?
I have this as a Playlist.

As all sets are called "Collections" at TMDB (Die Hard Collection, Riddick Collection, Star Trek Collection, etc) create a Playlist that excludes "Collection". The following works for me...

xml:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<smartplaylist type="movies">
<name>No Sets</name>
<match>all</match>
<rule field="set" operator="doesnotcontain">
<value>collection</value>
</rule>
<order direction="ascending">lastplayed</order>
</smartplaylist>
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
OK, I didn't include enough information. These are not KODI-generated playlists -- they are custom playlists created by me. They are not "Collections".
I'm sorry, but at least for me, you still didn't include enough information Wink 

Could you describe a bit more
a) what movies do those custom playlists contain? Is there a system to the playlists e.g. genre, actor?
b) what movies do you want displayed? any movie that is not in any of the playlists ("general orphan")? any movie that is not in a specific playlist where it should be ("specific orphan")?

To get the general orphans maybe this completely untested idea works:

xml:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<smartplaylist type="movies">
<name>Orphans</name>
<match>all</match>
<rule field="playlist" operator="doesnotcontain">Playlist 1</rule>
<rule field="playlist" operator="doesnotcontain">Playlist 2</rule>
<order direction="ascending">lastplayed</order>
</smartplaylist>
Hmmm, I thought I had replied to this but I must have screwed things up and didn't post it. Sorry the response was delayed.

There is no commonality to the sets. Some are collections with the same leading actor or actress (Bogart, Clooney, Hepburn, etc.). Some are collections of movies by director (Hitchcock, Mamet, etc.). Others by the genre I choose, not necessarily the genre tag that is applied by the scraper. It would be like the flag when the movie is set to watched or unwatched. Is it a member of a set or not. But nobody seems to me using sets anymore, or they use the auto-generated sets.
It is a little bit confusing. When you say Sets, you actually mean Playlists right? Please use the term Playlists for playlists.

(2018-05-19, 15:05)hurricane51 Wrote: There is no commonality to the sets.
This will be your problem. If there is nothing in common, then there is nothing to exclude that will capture all your playlists in one inverse playlist.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
I do NOT mean Playlists. Movie Sets.
(2018-05-16, 10:38)hurricane51 Wrote: they are custom playlists created by me
That indicates otherwise.

Ok, so you mean that you have created your own Movie Sets, which includes movies that you have selected. These sets are in addition to, or replacement of, the Movie Sets that are scraped during normal use. Is that right?

1. Create a Smart Playlist and set the options in the left to suit your needs. Then select '"New rule... "

2. Complete lines 1 & 2 as shown, then select "Browse"

3. Now select all the Movie Sets then press OK. White text means not selected, green text means selected.
As we set "Does Not Contain" in the previous screen, these will be excluded and the leftovers will be what is not in the Sets
My Signature
That's pretty cool! (Does "cool" give away my age?) I'll give it a try. 

I delete the generated sets because I end up with a bunch of single-movie sets. If the scraper determines that a movie belongs a set (for whatever criteria), it creates a new set.
In settings there is an option to exclude 'orphan sets' settngs>library>video>include sets containing a single movie (edit prefs must be higher than basic), in addition " "Does Not Contain" can be used to exclude folder paths, or individual items.
I tried different combinations of these settings, but I didn't get orphaned movies. Maybe I missed something. I'm looking for a way to show only movies that are not in any sets. I haven't had a chance to try Karellen's suggestion yet, but that might be the way to go.
you can do pretty much anything within reason with smart playlists so if you can explain in greater detail i'm sure it can be done.
Thanks, Karellen, it worked like a dream. Found seven orphans. I had never played around with playlists much, other than music playlists. I didn't know they could be used in this way.

Thanks again.
Finally... Wink Great to hear

I'll mark this as solved.
My Signature
Thread marked solved.
My Signature

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Show Movies Not in Sets?0