v18 [Windows] Motion picture slowed down/not fluid on 23.98/24 fps - DXVA2 on AMD/NVIDIA
Hi
In all latest nightly i have always had a very evident problem with video at 23.98fps and 24fps (tested only fullhd)
I waited to report it but it still persists

I have done various tests with MKV videos,
50 Hz seem work fluid (on 25fps mkv) but if you are very careful, you will notice almost imperceptible freeze
60 Hz seem work fine (desktop)
23.98 Hz video movies are high slowing down (Audio seems as synchronized as possible), the monitor resolution set correctly
24 Hz video movies are high slowing down (Audio seems as synchronized as possible), the monitor resolution set correctly

I made a video of the movie not fluid:

My log (this log is for 23.98fps of my youtube video):
https://pastebin.com/tkJALPnt

My system is a dedicated HT-PC (Windows 10 - AMD Videocard with latest Radeon Adrenalin) connected to Onkyo Amplifier and end to FullHD Plasma TV

Kodi Video Settings:
Adjust refresh rate : On start /stop
DXVA2 : Enabled
Use fullscreen window: OFF (tried also switch ON nothing change)
Dithering: OFF
Color management: OFF
Limited color range : OFF

I hope one day someone can verify this problem

(UPDATED POST)

seems a problem related to DXVA2 support and the AMD videocard's,
i remember that months ago, i had a AMD HD 6670 and behaved in the same way,
but i gave up because i thought it was a problem of old age, but now with an AMD R7 250 still this problem to DXVA2,

with AMD and NVIDIA videocard's,
from my side the problem occurs with:
AMD HD 6670, AMD R7 250, NVIDIA GeForce GT 1030
if i disable DXVA2 all the movie's is played fine (23,98/24 hz) and the problem shown above "slow down" disappear
Dev-Maintainer of InputStream Adaptive add-on, Netflix add-on ▫ Skills Python, C#, VB.NET and a bit of C++
I recently purchased an NVIDIA GT 1030 video card, to get DXVA2 acceleration on 4k movies.
Repeating the tests with various movies, now the movies at 23.98/24fps with resolutions at 1080p/4k are almost completely fluid compared to before,
but still visible a certain continuous jerk and is often annoying.

But if i trying with mpc-hc player, the motion pictures are not jerked...surely something wrong in kodi code

I also noticed an asynchronous audio problem after about the first 10 minutes, before it didn't happen, but I'll test better and if necessary open another thread.
Dev-Maintainer of InputStream Adaptive add-on, Netflix add-on ▫ Skills Python, C#, VB.NET and a bit of C++
I can confirm this behaviour on my Windows 8.1/Radeon 5450 system.

Radeon: output RGB Full
Kodi: Limited RGB, dither off, tone map off, renderer=dxva, hardware decode on.
deleted
You are posting in the wrong section of the forum. Report platform specific issues in subsections for those platforms. In this case Windows.
Thanks.

Serious question though: How do I know it's a platform-specific issue, since everything works fine using MPC-HC?

Also, I thought because Leia is not final it needed to be in 'development'?

Confused, sorry.
(2018-08-02, 01:39)Yearofthegoat Wrote: Thanks.

Serious question though: How do I know it's a platform-specific issue, since everything works fine using MPC-HC?

Also, I thought because Leia is not final it needed to be in 'development'?

Confused, sorry.
Reference platform for development on VideoPlayer is Linux X11. If the issue does not show on this platform, it is most likely an issue of the platform specific adaptions i.e. Windows, Android, Raspberry Pi, etc. In this particular case you already nailed it down to DXVA2. This requires a Windows developer to investigate.
(2018-08-02, 07:23)FernetMenta Wrote: Reference platform for development on VideoPlayer is Linux X11. If the issue does not show on this platform, it is most likely an issue of the platform specific adaptions i.e. Windows, Android, Raspberry Pi, etc. In this particular case you already nailed it down to DXVA2. This requires a Windows developer to investigate.

I think you could better describe the sections in the totip "Please read before posting in this section",
I request that the moderator move this post and also the other one ([Windows] flickering green border with some mkv when DXVA2 is off) in the Windows section, thanks
I experienced the same problem but with a Intel HD 5000 (Intel NUC i5-4250u). Same config as OP. Kodi 16 and 18 Alpha 2 runs smooth.
A workaround has been found, please read this post
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2808478
please try this https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=339629

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Windows] Motion picture slowed down/not fluid on 23.98/24 fps - DXVA2 on AMD/NVIDIA0