v17 TV remote stopped working after updating LibreELEC
Hello world,
Last week I updated my LibreELEC from 8.2.x (can't remember the version) to 8.2.5 throug the update channel in the GUI. Just now I realised that I. can't control KODI any more with my TVs remote - which was possible with the previous installation.

I have no I idea where to look for the Problem. Do you?

Thanks! sega
Are you referring to the CEC function of your TV remote?
Which HDMI port (number) on the TV is your RPi connected to? Something else than port #1?
What is CEC?
The RPi is connected to HDMI port 1.
CEC (wiki)

First thing to try is to shutdown your pi, and turn off both the Pi and the TV completely (unplug them from the wall) and then power them back on again. Power on the TV first, switch to the HDMI port 1 and then power on the Pi.

CEC is the functionality that allows one devices remote to control other devices that are connected to it via an HDMI cable (so your TV remote controlling the Pi in this case). It goes by many brand names depending on who made your TV, see the wiki link above for more details.

I've experienced problems with it a couple of times, but the complete shutdown and restart worked in both cases.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV remote stopped working after updating LibreELEC0