DVD Remote not working
i think this is a problem on my side because i did not find anything regarding "my" problem in this forum Sad

i have the original xbox dvd remote control, it works fine in evox and when i enter xbmc. i can move around the menus etc. when i start a divx movie though i can do everything ( pause, skip, etc ) except fast forward/rewind.

is this a general problem with the movie format or am i doing something wrong? i have not changed any keymappings or anything like that.
thanks for pointing this out.

there is currently no "action" (and underlying code) defined for fast forward and rewind whilst in movies or music.

it's now on my todo list.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

but there is functionality for skipping 10 sec or 1 min per button click with dvd remote using up/down and left/right. isn't there?

i just accepted the fact and took it that this was the way it was supposed to work in xbmc =)
i downloaded the 10 november build last night, and i already like it a lot more than xbmp, but the remote acts freaky in it. whenever i hit one of the directional buttons to select a menu item, it acts like i'm holding the button down for a few seconds, and then it goes turbo.

this was my first use of xbmc, and i know the cvs builds are highly beta, but is this just a bug in this build? should i go ahead and get the 11 november release?

the buttons work fine in evox, btw, and the dvd player app works too, so it's not the remote.
if you'd searched on this, you will have found:

this post

which answers your question with 2 solutions.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

heh...sorry. i did look around before i posted, and found this thread, which wasn't my problem.

i also checked the sf.net bug tracker and the cvs history file to no avail.

anyway, sorry for setting off the n00b alarm. Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DVD Remote not working0