Solved Kodi does not see local drives so cannot add to library
I have Kodi 17.6 installed on a Windows 10 laptop. It has a USB flash drive (d:\) and SD card (f:\) on  which I have put media files.

When I try to add these files to the library Kodi only lists c:\ drive and other network options. I can look at the files in file manager and play them but I can't add them to the library. 

This is puzzling as I have two other Windows 10 PC and this does not happen on them.

Any help appreciated.

John
I think you may have the same problem I had since a recent windows 10 update which unvalide the SMB1 protocol for security raison (and leave SMB2 and SMB3)

But explorer must be able  to use SMB1 to display local network

You must check if SMB1 protocol is on, if not, you must put it on.
Beelink GT King - CoreElec V9.2.7 - Kodi 18.9 - Skin Aeon MQ8 V2.9.0 Leia
Thanks for the reply, I'll check this out - but these are local drives that are not being seen, not network drives and the laptop can connect to samba shares on other devices so it's likley something else?

John
Look under videos > files - do they appear there?

If so navigate down into them until you find the folder you want to add, then right click (context menu) and set the content to whatever file type it contains.

Repeat for each folder you want to add.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Brilliant thanks, this fixed it - still don't know why the local drives are not shown but anyway I'm in business.
It's just how it's set up - the sources route is basically for accessing, settings up and mounting networked/remote drives or sources but of course that doesn't apply to local drives as they're already there and mounted by default.

Anyway glad you're up and running - you're not the first to fall over that one, and I doubt you'll be the last.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2018-05-21, 01:33)johnvick1 Wrote: still don't know why the local drives are not shown but anyway I'm in business.

Because they aren't local drives, they are removable drives.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi does not see local drives so cannot add to library0