American Pickers episode naming for proper scraping?
Question 
The TVDB lists American Pickers with the seasons as years, but even if I change the episode naming structure like this:
  • American Pickers.S2010E01.Big Bear (1080p).mkv
    or this:
  • American Pickers.S01E01.Big Bear (1080p).mkv
I can't get them to be recognised and scraped/added to the library.

Anyone run into this? Not sure how best to name them so Kodi and THETVDB can properly scrape them.
Only a few threads over on TVDB forum referencing it but nothing on best practices for naming the files.

Kodi 17.6 in Windows 10.
Hello @Temujin

Interesting problem.

I can confirm it does not scrape correctly.

On further investigation I found that episodes 1-12 of the first season are sorted into <season>1</season> and then subsequent episodes are sorted into <season>2010</season>. I am guessing you only got part scrapes whichever method you used?

I am not sure if this is a scraper problem or a problem at TVDB. Unfortunately the DVD Order details are not currently available on the site so I am guessing whoever entered the show used Season 1 instead of Season 2010 by mistake for the early episodes.

My log... https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/7GQTKBtP28/

Do you have an account at TVDB forums where you can ask the moderators to check the DVD Order numbering? If not, let me know and I can ask.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Reported... https://forums.thetvdb.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=48166
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Awesome, thanks very much.
@Temujin

There is still a problem with that series as you can tell from the conversation at TVDB.

It would be best if you...
1. Removed that show from your Library
2. Videos>Files>YourSource>American Pickers, call up the Context Menu>Change Content (you are only changing content for that show, nothing else)
3. Settings>Disable DVD Order
4. Re-scrape the show using Aired Order.

Still not sure if it is a scraper error or error at TVDB. I think the error is at TVDB, but we will need to wait and see.
My Signature
Much appreciated, Karellen, will work on that today (after first coffee Smile )

To clarify the naming structure though, should it go in folders with the year format like on TVDB?
So, Season 2010, Season 2011 etc?
Then file naming following that S2010E01, S2011E01 etc?

**Quick note from one of your first questions, my Specials scraped correctly in the Season 0 folder, nothing else.

At any rate, really appreciate your help, will look at changing the order for the show and report back.

**EDIT** After some arduous renaming and checking ep title and air dates against tvdb, I think I have it working now, using the season folders with years (Season 2011) and the ep file naming as such: American Pickers.S2011E01.Too Hot to Handle.mkv
Still have to go through the next 4 seasons or so, but look like this may be working for the timebeing
The problem is TVDB refuses to change the numbering to SxxExx now that History channel has given in and started numbering that way.  In the past History numbered them SyearExx, in sort of DVD order, but not really.

If you use a automated downloader you need to use TVMaze instead of TVDB to search for it.  However Kodi uses onlt TVDB so the episodes won't show in Kodi.

Now History lists S19E18 but TVDB lists it as S2018E25.  theXEM is supposed to correct it, but does not.

To snatch the episode using Sick---- you need to index with TVMaze Then rename and move the episode using the SyearExx convention to get Kodi to see it.

This is from thexem comparing how American Pickers was numbered in the 2010 year.  They seem to have changed again in 2016.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
American Pickers episode naming for proper scraping?0