Local actor images??
Is there no support for local images? None of them seem to show up in the GUI (even though I have them in a .actors folder in both tv show and movies which is really just a symlink to a central folder for actor images). If I scrape from the internet actor images will show, if I download and delete the links in the nfo, those same images i downloaded no longer display. Am I doing something wrong or is there no check that local image exists to be displayed, or does it only care about URL links for actor images?
well, that should work (at least for movies in v2 and for movies and tv shows in v3)..
I'll try to reproduce that asap
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice - available for Windows, macOS and Linux
Help us translate tinyMediaManager at Weblate | Translations at 66%
Found a bug or want to submit a feature request? Contact us at GitLab
Thank You.
And just to clarify i save the actor images as "Actor_Name.jpg" Where "Actor_Name" is the actors name with spaces and special characters replaced by an underscore, and I am running on Debian Linux Stretch 9.4 (kernel 4.9.6)
Again I'll point out that all my .actor folders in movies and TV Show folders are a symlink to .actor folder in the root of the same drive (I have checked in terminal & file managers that the links work as suggested as well as using MediaElch to verify that the actor images show up as they should in that manager.

UPDATE: Just rebooted my home server and reconnected to my Samba Shares, and now Movies seems to pull actor images properly, TV Shows is still a bust however.
as I mentioned earlier, .actors for TV shows is only implemented in v3...
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice - available for Windows, macOS and Linux
you are right - .actors using inside tmm is broken (tmm is always displaying the online thumb); but writing works..
will address that in the next release..

in v3 everything works fine (including symlinks!)
I appreciate you following up on this even after you satisfactorily answered my question. I'm considering moving up to v3 is there any additional libraries i need to get before attempting to work with the v3 source?

Edit: Just installed v3 and OMG that's a whole new animal! Adresses actor images, and its gotta be the most beautiful media manager I've ever seen! Still running through it and its throwing a few recoverable errors butso far I'm loving it.
I believe this is the same issue, but to clarify --

In the current production release, v2.9.13 -- TMM scrapes actors for movies, placing them into a subdir ".actors" for example:

<MoviePath>\Tag (2018)\.actors\Leslie_Bibb.jpg

However, in the NFO generated by TMM at that same time, the entry for the actors will point to IMDB.  In other words, TMM scrapes the actors but doesn't refer back to them in the NFO, example:

<actor>
        <name>Leslie Bibb</name>
        <role>Susan Rollins</role>
        <thumb>https://m.media-amazon.com/images/M/MV5BMTg2NzAzNzE5N15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMjMyODM0MQ@@..jpg</thumb>
    </actor>

But this is working in the v3 Alpha?

Thank you in advance!
Local files have always precedence inside Kodi.
Only when the generated actor name can not be found, then the value inside NFO is considered.
See it as fallback, or if you disabled the actor download, but still want them inside Kodi...
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice :)
Wanna help translate TMM ?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Local actor images??0