What 18,000 titles looks like :)
What a movie collection of 18,000 titles looks like Smile

A bit O' humour.. http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/m...-1.4317349

ebay link is in this http://exclaim.ca/film/article/you_could..._1_million
That will take some time if you want to put all of those discs onto HDD .. Shocked
Got a Kodi problem? Provide us with a full Debug log (wiki) || Usefull pages: First time user (wiki) || Troubleshooting (wiki) || Free content (wiki) || Forum rules (wiki) || VPN policy (wiki)
But a Nas instead of that wouldn’t look as impressive!
Server: Windows Server 2016 Standard Hyper-V with Ubuntu Server VM, NFS shares and MySQL
Kodi: 2 Raspberry Pi 3 running Libreelec
My Setup thread | Setup Ubuntu / TVH / Schedules Direct
If the guy was diligent with his records, and it's in electonic format, some sort of script or batch would take titles and create stub files for Kodi based on the disk # system, at least the collection would be managable and close at hand, but over a dozen Jurassic Park titles might have the scraper organization in a tizzy. 

It would be a pain to walk upstairs, search out the disk for insertion, but that's what family does for ya?
@PatK if he got the stubs working, you are forgetting human error. Kodi will be telling you that Jurassic Park the Region 2 English uncut version is on shelf 20 DVD 9, but DVD 8 is the Japanese version and you pick that one without realising your error and your friends already have the popcorn ready, and no one speaks Japanese.... that party is going to get ugly...quickly!
Server: Windows Server 2016 Standard Hyper-V with Ubuntu Server VM, NFS shares and MySQL
Kodi: 2 Raspberry Pi 3 running Libreelec
My Setup thread | Setup Ubuntu / TVH / Schedules Direct
Definately more butter on the popcorn would be needed. I'm going to keep on eye on this one, let's see what the final knock-down tag runs.
And I thought I had a big dvd & blu ray collection  Tongue
Looks like he ended up selling in lots of 100 ~50+20US shipping, Limited lots available (100 items per lot) / 1,115 sold and appears to be still going strong, guess he got the attention he wanted. Think this is the resolution of this thread. If you want to see for yourself the original link is still valid and a sub link will take you to his new ad.
(2019-03-05, 17:51)PatK Wrote: Looks like he ended up selling in lots of 100 ~50+20US shipping, Limited lots available (100 items per lot) / 1,115 sold and appears to be still going strong, guess he got the attention he wanted. Think this is the resolution of this thread. If you want to see for yourself the original link is still valid and a sub link will take you to his new ad.

He had ~19000 titles. The value of most would be about 5000 dollars but he was asking for a million dollars.
Hobbies: playing Torn-City - Massively multiplayer online text based RPG
(2019-04-27, 15:18)Kib Wrote: He had ~19000 titles. The value of most would be about 5000 dollars but he was asking for a million dollars.
You can ask for anything you like, but getting it is another matter. This guy 343130 (thread) not only has a few bucks tied up in his collection but offers a subscription on Youtube, he was reviewing his latest spoils of which appeared to be a few thousand dollars worth in a few weeks.

Collecting public domain and library finds keeps me busy.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
What 18,000 titles looks like :)00