What 18,000 titles looks like :)
What a movie collection of 18,000 titles looks like Smile

A bit O' humour.. http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/m...-1.4317349

ebay link is in this http://exclaim.ca/film/article/you_could..._1_million
That will take some time if you want to put all of those discs onto HDD .. Shocked
But a Nas instead of that wouldn’t look as impressive!
Server: Ubuntu Server 22TB HDD running SAMBA
Kodi: 4 Raspberry Pi 3 running Libreelec -  on the main PC - running Linux Mint
My Setup thread |
If the guy was diligent with his records, and it's in electonic format, some sort of script or batch would take titles and create stub files for Kodi based on the disk # system, at least the collection would be managable and close at hand, but over a dozen Jurassic Park titles might have the scraper organization in a tizzy. 

It would be a pain to walk upstairs, search out the disk for insertion, but that's what family does for ya?
@PatK if he got the stubs working, you are forgetting human error. Kodi will be telling you that Jurassic Park the Region 2 English uncut version is on shelf 20 DVD 9, but DVD 8 is the Japanese version and you pick that one without realising your error and your friends already have the popcorn ready, and no one speaks Japanese.... that party is going to get ugly...quickly!
Server: Ubuntu Server 22TB HDD running SAMBA
Kodi: 4 Raspberry Pi 3 running Libreelec -  on the main PC - running Linux Mint
My Setup thread |
Definately more butter on the popcorn would be needed. I'm going to keep on eye on this one, let's see what the final knock-down tag runs.
And I thought I had a big dvd & blu ray collection  Tongue
Looks like he ended up selling in lots of 100 ~50+20US shipping, Limited lots available (100 items per lot) / 1,115 sold and appears to be still going strong, guess he got the attention he wanted. Think this is the resolution of this thread. If you want to see for yourself the original link is still valid and a sub link will take you to his new ad.
(2019-03-05, 17:51)PatK Wrote: Looks like he ended up selling in lots of 100 ~50+20US shipping, Limited lots available (100 items per lot) / 1,115 sold and appears to be still going strong, guess he got the attention he wanted. Think this is the resolution of this thread. If you want to see for yourself the original link is still valid and a sub link will take you to his new ad.

He had ~19000 titles. The value of most would be about 5000 dollars but he was asking for a million dollars.
(2019-04-27, 15:18)Kib Wrote: He had ~19000 titles. The value of most would be about 5000 dollars but he was asking for a million dollars.
You can ask for anything you like, but getting it is another matter. This guy https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=343130 not only has a few bucks tied up in his collection but offers a subscription on Youtube, he was reviewing his latest spoils of which appeared to be a few thousand dollars worth in a few weeks.

Collecting public domain and library finds keeps me busy.
18,000 titles is certainly not worth a million dollars. I think that the guy must be high on drugs, I could buy 18,000 movies for £9,000 or less at 50p a time. I have over 10,000 on my computer and desperately need more storage space.
why would someone give a million dollar for 18000 titles? Its not worth it.
I don't know what I've spent on my 1100 or so dvd collection for my server. At most $2000 US. I'm not sure which were new, 50 cents at the pawn shop, or a dollar at swap meet, 2 bucks at goodwill so that is a very raw estimate. At local prices here maybe a 25, 30k price at most. If I had money to throw away I'd offer him 50k for it just because I like collecting as well. If he gets it I'll be impressed. I'm curious of the total of unique movies though. 9 versions of Jurassic Park? I'm not that hardcore on collecting. I just want unique movies, not every version of a given movie. Admittedly I prefer special editions that have an extra couple minutes of movie or something like that.

I am curious to see who wins the bidding war if there is one though.
(2020-04-20, 20:43)jmgibson1981 Wrote: I am curious to see who wins the bidding war if there is one though.
See post #8 or follow the links along to his listings... a year has past, I suspect the dealing are done.
Ok. Must pay more attention. Missed the date I guess.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
What 18,000 titles looks like :)0