Req Add 'Smooth Motion' feature (as seen in madVR) to prevent motion judder
Lightbulb 
Last year I moved from MediaPortal to Kodi, and I really love Kodi!
But a major issue that I encountered with Kodi was motion judder during video playback.

MediaPortal fixed this with their 'MP Audio Renderer' which adjusts the speed of the audio or something. That worked very well, but in Kodi I could not get the playback as smooth as in MediaPortal (yes I tried all the 'sync to display' and audio re-sample options).

The only solution I found was to use the Kodi DSPlayer build which allows you to use madVR.
In madVR I then just switched on 'smooth motion' and *boom*, motion was as smooth as in MediaPortal!

Since the development of the Kodi DS Player build seems to have been stopped, I'd like to propose that the main release of Kodi gets a 'Smooth Motion' feature like madVR offers. I guess that there are many more users like me who would benefit from it. Smile
Love
Only good for native 60Hz displays.  Most decent modern displays are 120Hz and interpolate to 240Hz and motion isn't a problem.
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
Have you used the v18 nightly builds, as some sort of frame blending smooth motion features has already been added is in these.
(2018-07-14, 04:38)jjd-uk Wrote: Have you used the v18 nightly builds, as some sort of frame blending smooth motion features has already been added is in these.
 Where are these functions and on which platforms? o.O
Please give a link and discripe :-)
(2018-08-12, 07:04)MaxMan23 Wrote: Please give a link and discripe describe :-)
https://kodi.tv/download
I know the link to the nightlies. But how i can switch on smooth motion? :-)
i could not find this setting...
There is no setting, it will kick in automatically when needed.
(2018-08-14, 09:26)jjd-uk Wrote: There is no setting, it will kick in automatically when needed
To test this, I'm led to think, it would suffice to disable refresh rate switching from the standard 60Hz "desktop" refresh and play back a 24fps video, correct?
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
Is this working already? Also is smooth motion same as blending in kodi? sounds like a different feature...?
If you're talking Windows, an attempt was made to add it to Windows platform (as it's been working on Linux for some time) however it caused issues so it was removed. As the Windows dev who looks at such things is very busy at the moment it's unlikely to be revisited anytime soon.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Add 'Smooth Motion' feature (as seen in madVR) to prevent motion judder0