Are malicious plugins isolated if xbmc is sandboxed?
I have been using this video addon and I keep getting alerts from my vs. that the files in it's cache are malware or trojans. At first I thought it was a false positive but two different scanners are giving me Warnings. The plugin is working like it's supposed too and it has a lot of good content so I hate to get rid of it. I have sandboxed xbmc will that prevent whatever it downloads too it's cache from running outside the sandbox?
@jasonru405

I understand what your question is, but we have rules that state you are not eligible for assistance if you are using add-ons that are banned from this forum... and it certainly sounds like you are.

Which add-ons are you using?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Any add-on run on Kodi has the same access that Kodi has to your machine and your network. There is no internal sandboxing of add-ons.

One of the very many reasons why the use of banned addons (wiki) is a rather bad idea, and those who do so do it at their own risk (and in some cases a known and proven risk)...
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Are malicious plugins isolated if xbmc is sandboxed?0