Android New kodi media flags story and help
hi all. So I updated to 18 and was watching YouTube videos when I come across one that allowed me through either a repo or droidadmin to download builds but the guy in the video tells you to download the hd studio icons for every channel like 9000 plus or 3000 plus it was. I downloaded it and installed and all my TV shows and movies had the new media studio flags showing like YouTube red , Audience network and more that don't show with the usual studio color icon add on. does anyone know again where this can be located as after I installed kodi failed as it was updated by Google play to 17.6 and was 18. so I rebuilt my library of 1000 plus movies. Can you help me anyone find the hd icon pack off YouTube it was in a link. I've now made my own logos for YouTube red and added some from a pack i found I've added the images as png to the texture file and then added back on kodi but nothing of the new icons showHuh can you tell me what in doing wrong anyone please? thanks in advance all.
I mean the images are in the texture.xtb I used the tool. do I need to exit any xml or anything ? the pack I found was amazing the Fox logo was blue not Orange. YouTube red showed up as well as the other TV shows and movies that wouldn't show. if we could find it again and send to main colour icon builders. we would all have them forver. I've searched the net for days and YouTube for many days and my history isn't any help. thanks all.
@commodoreman

Please read our Forum Rules which seems like you are breaching, hence the lack of replies.

We do not support Builds. We do not support Piracy and Copyright Infringement. We do not respond to YouTube guides.

If you are following stupid YouTube guides, then approach the author of the guide and ask them.

You are on your own with this one.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
hi mate . thanks for letting me know. the movies are all legit and bought that was backed up over years. so there's no copyright issues etc. But I understand what you mean. I was asking here because it was a add on that allowed updated icons rather then the downloadable color studio one. I made a few icons. Can you help me with how to install them to the texture file and how to make them display once in the texture file? I'm new sorry I do apologize.
If you want to edit the Texture.xbt file, then use this... https://kodi.wiki/view/TextureTool

A note with using that software- It does not like spaces in the path or filename. So if it refuses to work, move your xbt file to the drive root or a folder in root that has no spaces in the name.

Never looked into modifying Studio logos, so can't give you anymore info. Others might be able to, though.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
thanks bud. I used to build moviesheet theme once upon a time with markster if you know who he is. I've updated to kodi a while back checked everything out. I use it for my own bought collection to really store and reference. I used the texture tool man. And it worked but didn't stop the progress bar for some reason on win 10. I reopened the file to check the file for my new sudio images I created . they are there. I know the kingdom series i bought is from Audience network so I added the audience network.png. but it still don't show. thanks for the help I'm hoping if someone else could answer that once I've included the new images to the texture and recreated the file and added it back is there any xml I have to add or change to reference the new icon. Or does the studio icon run from finding the metadata of the studio and reference the name and then just look for the png associated with the studio that's displayed? thanks bud for the info I'll read all guidelines etc.
Music 
also bro where can I upload my new created icons and studio pack to be added to the universal studio pack from direct.
hey buddy do you know much about xml? I've managed to open the database file and edit some the plots I wanted. What I'm wanting to do is display a plot on each season instead of the one plot being universal on all season plots. Is there anyway to write a season xml that includes plot for that specific season? I've made a few media flags. YouTube Red.png. Audience Network.png and a few other studios I'm going to be making more to fill the missing. Can you help me with any above bro?
(2018-05-25, 05:21)commodoreman Wrote: I've managed to open the database file and edit some the plots I wanted.
Yep, that is one way to do it. We don't recommend doing it that way, but as long as you are comfortable working with the SQL Database, then it is the quickest (and easiest) way to make changes.

(2018-05-25, 05:21)commodoreman Wrote: What I'm wanting to do is display a plot on each season instead of the one plot being universal on all season plots.
There is no provision for Season Plots in the database. So if you modify the xml files for the skin, there is nowhere for the skin to obtain the information from.
The best I can offer you is to rename the Season... https://kodi.wiki/view/Season_rename

(2018-05-25, 05:21)commodoreman Wrote: YouTube Red.png. Audience Network.png and a few other studios I'm going to be making more to fill the missing.
Do you have a screenshot of the new icons in Kodi. I think a few of us would be interested in seeing your work.
To take a screenshot... https://kodi.wiki/view/Settings/System/L...hot_folder
To post an image in the forum press i on the editors bar above to upload.

As for uploading your icon pack, create a new thread in the Skinners section of the forum and explain what you have done and post a few examples...
https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=12
My Signature
awesome buddy on the info. The pngs are the real logo resized to fit the logo specifications. There's a issue bro with taking a pic of what they look like in kodi? I can't get them to display even when the studio tags in database show the correct studio logo info as I named them and are linked to the appropriate shows? if I can get them to display would be great. The pack I mentioned before man was amazing bud , every listing found the studio logo for it straight up.

To my understanding ( I've been out of the missing and theming scene for a while ) is the kodi file structure relies on the resources.studio.color and the xml tells it to grab info and follow the set database link for studio. I've done two things. First was created the new texture file using tool and added the new images in lower case first then listed as the studio is on imdb or tvdb have no images showing up when on the correct media for it to show. Next I've just added the images as png files to the resources folder and removed the texture file. Same happens... the original icons appear but not my new ones I've added. I've searched everything and can't figure out what's the issue. Once I get running and can see I'll for sure ss them here bud for everyone to use. they are just simple resizing using Photoshop for the studio original logo. No prob on season I just added all info to the database plot and added season 1 plot season 2 plot etc as it keeps scrolling so all info I wanted is in there as it scrolls. I used to work with a coder that made things a lot easier and with the wdtvlive it was add and see for images apart from the location position timeframe etc xml codes that needed to be added for new features. Kodi is awesome I'm hoping to create a themed build on future. 👊👍
ps the logos are created to be used on a black background.
hey mate this us the theme I made it's long gone now due to the obselite tech.

https://youtu.be/i1a9l9WRqj4
That is a nice theme. You should consider getting back into skinning. Maybe join up with one of the skinners here to learn the ropes again.

As for your icon question... Which skin are you using? I will move your post to the skin forum and the skinner might be able to assist you.
My Signature
cheers man on the theme props. id love to be able to give kodi a video wallpaper then I could create the same idea of theme using the older mkvs I created. Awesome , The version of kodi is Leia alpha 1 and the skin I'm using is titan for Leia. I'm still looking for that logo pack lol. I mean when I watched the guy say it I was skeptical but once checking the build menu and seeing it was a option and it installed was brilliant. I really want to find that. it's strange it's so hard to find again but it was either from a repo or droid admin
Thanks bud for the help , moving the post would be awesome. have a good one buddy.
hey buddy I sorted it now I can see my logos show. what I did was download the color studio pack again then readd my images to the texture file. Then the issue was I always replaced the texture file before opening kodi. I waited until all icons where found on the original non modified file then when I seem they were found I copied the modified file over the one being used by kodi and the logos show up instantly. Once I've been through all logos I'll as and upload a pack for everyone. it includes the default studio icons but more added. cheers bud for trying to help.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New kodi media flags story and help0