Support external audio files next to the video
Hi,

I'm just a user not a developer so how is this working now? 

My kodi is running on an Rpi3:

22:53:07.726 T:1926371840  NOTICE: Starting Kodi (17.6). Platform: Linux ARM (Thumb) 32-bit
22:53:07.726 T:1926371840  NOTICE: Using Release Kodi x32 build (version for Raspberry Pi)
22:53:07.726 T:1926371840  NOTICE: Kodi compiled Apr  3 2018 by GCC 6.3.0 for Linux ARM (Thumb) 32-bit version 4.9.30 (264478)

VERSION_ID="2018.04-2"

I put the ac3 audio file next to the movie file with the same name like:
etcetc.mkv
etcetc.ac3

When I try to play it it is not available in the below menu.

It should be available or I should add something else to somewhere?
The button you marked should be for subtitles only. This has nothing to do with the audio, IIRC.

If you want to switch the audio track of a movie (for example to switch between languages), that audio stream should be muxed into the movie itself.
Hi,

Yes it confuse me as well but that button is the audio in mine.
So at the moment only the remux is the option, no more.

Ok, thx.
(2018-05-25, 05:54)Badb0y Wrote: So at the moment only the remux is the option, no more.

Not only "at the moment". It has never been different. If the video file you choose to play, only contains a single audio track, it will only show that audio track and you can´t refere to some external audio.

To refere to something "external" only works with subtitles.
Yes, I said at the moment because maybe in the future it can work like with the subtitle, just place next to it and it can play.
(2018-05-25, 09:45)Badb0y Wrote: Yes, I said at the moment because maybe in the future it can work like with the subtitle, just place next to it and it can play.

PR welcome Wink

If you look at: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=332050

Your request is somewhat similar. You want to cancel the audio which is muxed into the video (or in other words "mute" that) and want to play some additional audio track which exists next to the video. That is compareable to "mute video and play some music file at the same time".

If you see the answer from one of the devs, multiple playback is unsupported.
I don't get the answer from that thread, sry.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Support external audio files next to the video0