Req Infolabel ListItem.Theme for movies and tvshows
Some people like listening to the main theme of a tvshow or a movie when browsing the library, indeed it's really cool. It obviously requires the user to add a theme.mp3 in the movie/tvshow folder, since AFAIK no online source provides this; after that I think that the best way to achieve this (other than using addons or imperfect skinning tricks https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=330832) would be to have the possibility of adding it to the library and to make it available through a ListItem.Theme infolabel (much in the same way as ListItem.Trailer). To get this I suppose that the scraper would have to check the movie/tvshow folder and if a theme.mp3 (or other audio format) exists the path should be added to the library. It would be great! What do you think?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, please click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :)
I still think this one would be a feature that would be much appreciated by many people, and this way of achieving it would make life easier for skinners trying to implement it.

In addition I can think of many possible uses, not only to play the soundtrack; for instance some people may prefer to record their own customized mp3 files for using when browsing (reading out loud the title of the movie/tvshow, or the plot, or a personal commentary, or some lines from the script that identify the movie for the owner...) the possibilities are endless...

Any opinions about it? Thanks!
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, please click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :)
I think this is a very cool feature. as you explained to me in another thread. I tried to edit the default.py file in the script.check.theme to find mp3 instead of theme.mp3 but it did not work. I tried wildcard but it did not work. now I know why it didn't work. I look forward to seeing more cool features in this awesome skin in the future. thanks Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Infolabel ListItem.Theme for movies and tvshows1