TheRenamer - Broken?
Hi All
I use TheRenamer for renaming and moving all my files, however it has just recently stopped from running and I dont know why, I have reinstalled a few times and run as admin etc but no fix as yet.

Does anyone use this and do they have the same issue? I read around that a win 10 update in april broke it but mine was working a few days ago.

I use it along with folderspy to automate a lot of my renaming / moving to correct folders etc so I am very annoyed that its not working?

Is there any alternatives? I used to use filebot but found it overly complicated and hard to set up to run automatically based on when files are available, with therenamer and folderspy it worked seamlessly, folderspy just ran therenamer hidden whenever it detected new files to rename.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Had the same problem. As far as I can tell, it is something to do with the latest windows 10 update changing the way flash is used, and that has broken theRenamer (which is no longer supported by the developer). I've started using an old version of Filebot, although I haven't tried it out on TV series, only movies.

The only way to get it running on Windows 10 again is to roll back the updates. I tried running it in administrator mode, and also in different compatibility modes - nothing worked.
Any idea on which updates to roll back on?
When Windows 10 1803 came out, TheRenamer won't event start now. Flash security restrictions. The author is long gone.
I switch to this and am very happy with it: http://tvrenamer.org/ (Note: You need Java for it to work)
It will not run because Windows defender is putting part of it in Quarantine. I can't figure out a way to allow it.
I now use this : https://www.tvrename.com/
Learning curve is a bit steep, but works great.
I've switched to allow SONARR to handle all me TV shows and don't regret it a bit. For my movies, I allow Media Companion to rename and move while scraping.
(2019-03-07, 21:42)RonnieG3 Wrote: I've switched to allow SONARR to handle all me TV shows and don't regret it a bit
Read 1h here... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=336969
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2019-03-07, 21:54)Karellen Wrote:
(2019-03-07, 21:42)RonnieG3 Wrote: I've switched to allow SONARR to handle all me TV shows and don't regret it a bit
Read 1h here... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=336969 
 Thanks @Karellen !! That's good to know. I'll have MC rescrape everything for me.
@RonnieG3

Check your tvshow.nfo and episode.nfo files and see if the have at least one of these entries.
xml:
<id>1276153</id>
<uniqueid type="imdb">tt5017734</uniqueid>
<uniqueid type="tmdb" default="true">1276153</uniqueid>

If they do, you will be fine. If not then at some stage your episodes will mix into one tvshow. I haven't yet figured out what the catalyst is, why it works for a while, then all of a sudden they mix. But it is related to the missing id's.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2018-05-25, 06:28)Stildawn Wrote: Hi All
I use TheRenamer for renaming and moving all my files, however it has just recently stopped from running and I dont know why, I have reinstalled a few times and run as admin etc but no fix as yet.

Does anyone use this and do they have the same issue? I read around that a win 10 update in april broke it but mine was working a few days ago.

I use it along with folderspy to automate a lot of my renaming / moving to correct folders etc so I am very annoyed that its not working?

Is there any alternatives? I used to use filebot but found it overly complicated and hard to set up to run automatically based on when files are available, with therenamer and folderspy it worked seamlessly, folderspy just ran therenamer hidden whenever it detected new files to rename.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

TheRenamer has broken with me for a very long time. The program is no longer supported. Almost everything is dead there.

I've been using Filebot since then and it works great. Due to the great success Filebot has been changed platform from x86 installer to Windows app, is only exclusive aviable for a donation in the Windows Store as a Windows app.
But it still buzzing free real x86 installer versions (not a Windows app) on the Internet out there.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TheRenamer - Broken?0