•   
  • 11(current)
4K HDR10 - State of Play thread - important media player limitations.
(2018-11-09, 19:14)pinn Wrote: Hi,

Browsing the thread, I am right in thinking that there is still no 4k hdr10 player with correct switching of frame rate and atmos etc pass through? I have an Intel nuc that I am pleased with - do the newer ones not support the above?

Thanks in advance
 AMLogic S905X/D and S912 devices do HDR10 2160/60p with frame rate switching and HD Audio bitstream/passthrough output (including DTS:X and Dolby True HD + Atmos passthrough) AIUI - either running LibreElec or the Vero 4K or 4K+ running OSMC.
(2018-11-09, 19:25)noggin Wrote:

Browsing the thread, I am right in thinking that there is still no 4k hdr10 player with correct switching of frame rate and atmos etc pass through? I have an Intel nuc that I am pleased with - do the newer ones not support the above?

Thanks in advance
 AMLogic S905X/D and S912 devices do HDR10 2160/60p with frame rate switching and HD Audio bitstream/passthrough output (including DTS:X and Dolby True HD + Atmos passthrough) AIUI - either running LibreElec or the Vero 4K or 4K+ running OSMC. 
 Hi,

I've stayed away from Andoid boxes as I run my media from multiple (3) ext HDDs which I believe ANdroid has issues with. As I understand , some of these boxes can dual boot with libreelec but I am unsure about the extra steps that this would require compared to a plug n play solution. Also, I am running sabnzbd/sonarr/radarr on my NUC which I imagine do not run under libre - is that the case?

Thanks
(2018-11-10, 10:23)pinn Wrote:
(2018-11-09, 19:25)noggin Wrote:

Thanks in advance
 Hi,

I've stayed away from Andoid boxes as I run my media from multiple (3) ext HDDs which I believe ANdroid has issues with. As I understand , some of these boxes can dual boot with libreelec but I am unsure about the extra steps that this would require compared to a plug n play solution. Also, I am running sabnzbd/sonarr/radarr on my NUC which I imagine do not run under libre - is that the case?

Thanks 

My Shield TV is fine with more than 2 HDDs connected under Android TV - but I don't use other Android boxes. LibreElec is a cut-down Linux distro optimised for Kodi so works fine with multiple HDDs. There are plugins for common additional Linux apps/services like a TV Headend backend, but I can't comment on file sharing plug-ins as they are usually use to share copyright content illegally.
Hi! Slightly noob here, tried to process as much information as I could, but I still could use some recommendations please Smile
My situation: wanna stream 4K fancy content from my NAS to my Tv/whatever, over gigabit ethernet of course. Looking for a powerful enough box to do it with, I am not afraid of some DYI work either. Should I just get a vero 4k+ and be done with it, or are there better boxes for the price? I read somewhere that its not the fastest thing ever...
cheers
(2018-11-11, 14:34)hopchop Wrote: Hi! Slightly noob here, tried to process as much information as I could, but I still could use some recommendations please Smile
My situation: wanna stream 4K fancy content from my NAS to my Tv/whatever, over gigabit ethernet of course. Looking for a powerful enough box to do it with, I am not afraid of some DYI work either. Should I just get a vero 4k+ and be done with it, or are there better boxes for the price? I read somewhere that its not the fastest thing ever...
cheers
Do you have an HDR display? Do you need to play HDR UHD content on SDR UHD or HD displays ? (If so you need a solution that does decent HDR->SDR tone mapping)

Do you only want to stream content from a NAS - no Netflix/Amazon?
Thanks for the response. Don't actually have one yet, but the plan is getting a 4K HDR tv, yes, and to stream BD 4K movies to the tv from the NAS (my bad, don't know about the availability of rippable/downloadable HDR movies but whatever). To answer the question, i guess no need to play HDR UHD content on non HDR displays. Netflix/Youtube/HBOGO/whatever would be a nice bonus, but it does not matter really, NAS is the main priority. Thanks! (Also read about the Amlogic S912 boxes, seem good)
  •   
  • 11(current)

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2.25 Average

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
4K HDR10 - State of Play thread - important media player limitations.2.254