4K HDR10 - State of Play - important media player limitations - LAST UPDATE sept 2020
So I still feel we don't have definitive answers to these questions.

1. Is the only way to output MaxFall/MaxCLL using the 4.9 kernel ?

2. Does CoreELEC or LibreELEC use the 4.9 kernel for s905 devices ? If not are there any plans for this and would MaxFall/MaxCLL output work ?

3. Does CoreELEC currently use the 4.9 kernel for the odroid N2 ?

4. @Sam.Nazarko  said that beta's or new stack of OMSC are outputting MaxFALL/MaxCLL on the Vero4k+ (S905D) and provided photo evidence. What is the new stack, just the 4.9 kernel ?

4. @wesk05 said the N2 running CoreELEC does output MaxFALL/MaxCLL but where did this info come from ? Does anyone have any proof ?

5. Will the s912 devices "ever" be able to use the 4.9 kernel ?

6. What about Rock64 and Rock64 Pro ? Do they use the same kernels ? Do they output MaxCLL/MaxFALL and or HDR10+ ?

7. Is HDR10+ a possibility on the N2 with CoreELEC in the future ?

I currently have a s912 device running CoreELEC, but if I am not getting the best picture possible I will happily upgrade.
The question is to what ?
I don't want to spend near on £100 for a N2 if it will need replacing soon because it can't do something that the Rock64 Pro or Vero4k can.

Appreciate anyone who can answer some or all of the questions.

Thank You
Rob

Messages In This Thread
RE: 4K HDR10 - State of Play thread - important media player limitations. - by treboR2Robert - 2019-06-22, 02:16
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
4K HDR10 - State of Play - important media player limitations - LAST UPDATE sept 20209