4K HDR10 - State of Play - important media player limitations - LAST UPDATE sept 2020
(2019-06-22, 02:16)treboR2Robert Wrote: So I still feel we don't have definitive answers to these questions.

1. Is the only way to output MaxFall/MaxCLL using the 4.9 kernel ?

2. Does CoreELEC or LibreELEC use the 4.9 kernel for s905 devices ? If not are there any plans for this and would MaxFall/MaxCLL output work ?

3. Does CoreELEC currently use the 4.9 kernel for the odroid N2 ?

4. @Sam.Nazarko  said that beta's or new stack of OMSC are outputting MaxFALL/MaxCLL on the Vero4k+ (S905D) and provided photo evidence. What is the new stack, just the 4.9 kernel ?

4. @wesk05 said the N2 running CoreELEC does output MaxFALL/MaxCLL but where did this info come from ? Does anyone have any proof ?

5. Will the s912 devices "ever" be able to use the 4.9 kernel ?

6. What about Rock64 and Rock64 Pro ? Do they use the same kernels ? Do they output MaxCLL/MaxFALL and or HDR10+ ?

7. Is HDR10+ a possibility on the N2 with CoreELEC in the future ?

I currently have a s912 device running CoreELEC, but if I am not getting the best picture possible I will happily upgrade.
The question is to what ?
I don't want to spend near on £100 for a N2 if it will need replacing soon because it can't do something that the Rock64 Pro or Vero4k can.

Appreciate anyone who can answer some or all of the questions.

Thank You
Rob
A bit more complex than just 4.9. Kernel has deviated significantly from the vendor kernel, i.e. what you'd find on N2. Autoswitching and a few other bits are still broken in those kernels.

AMCodec is also a dead-end now and support has been dropped in Kodi, so the focus is on the proper approach via v4l2/gbm. Particularly important as we have long term support commitments for our devices. 

Sam

Messages In This Thread
RE: 4K HDR10 - State of Play thread - important media player limitations. - by Sam.Nazarko - 2019-06-22, 02:34
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
4K HDR10 - State of Play - important media player limitations - LAST UPDATE sept 20209