• 21(current)
4K HDR10 - State of Play - important media player limitations - LAST UPDATE sept 2020
I think it's because Microsoft don't allow access to it for 3rd party apps.
The latest hotfix seems to have fixed the shield color space problem. I haven't tested it yet though

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/for...fix-image/
what type resolutions and bit depth can xbox one s play on kodi?

e.g.
1080p hevc 10bit 
1080p hevc 10bit HDR
720p hevc 10bit 

4k hevc 10bit
You should consider adding this custom Kodi build to your list of platforms supporting HDR10 passthrough. It also supports full UHD Blu-ray menus:

345566 (thread)
(2019-08-18, 18:24)Warner306 Wrote: You should consider adding this custom Kodi build to your list of platforms supporting HDR10 passthrough. It also supports full UHD Blu-ray menus:

345566 (thread)

I can but considering this is a Harware Sub-forum I would need examples of specific Nvidia GPU's and Windows hardware that are used to provide Windows 4K HDR10.
There needs to be verified auto resolution and frame rate switching/matching, auto colorspace switching and Correct - MaxCLL/FALL HDR metadata output.

It's great that full Bluray Menus are working, except for one problem Bluray Smile

(2019-08-19, 06:21)wrxtasy Wrote:
(2019-08-18, 18:24)Warner306 Wrote: You should consider adding this custom Kodi build to your list of platforms supporting HDR10 passthrough. It also supports full UHD Blu-ray menus:

345566 (thread)

I can but considering this is a Harware Sub-forum I would need examples of specific Nvidia GPU's and Windows hardware that are used to provide Windows 4K HDR10.
There needs to be verified auto resolution and frame rate switching/matching, auto colorspace switching and Correct - MaxCLL/FALL HDR metadata output.

It's great that full Bluray Menus are working, except for one problem Bluray Smile 

can you add the xbox one and xbox one s to the front page
and what resolutions/bit depth is playable

e.g. 10bit hevc 1080/720/4k 
HDR?
(2019-08-19, 08:06)madmax2 Wrote:

345566 (thread)

HDR?

From this https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2875482

XBOX Kodi does not support HDR, so does not belong in this thread, apparently Plex 4K HDR might work.

THIS (click)
is the Sub-forum for XBOX Kodi support, and THIS (click) is the no HDR XBOX discussion.

(2019-08-19, 10:06)wrxtasy Wrote:
(2019-08-19, 08:06)madmax2 Wrote:
(2019-08-19, 06:21)wrxtasy Wrote: I can but considering this is a Harware Sub-forum I would need examples of specific Nvidia GPU's and Windows hardware that are used to provide Windows 4K HDR10.

HDR? 

From this https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2875482

XBOX Kodi does not support HDR, so does not belong in this thread, apparently Plex 4K HDR might work.

THIS (click) is the Sub-forum for XBOX Kodi support, and THIS (click) is the no HDR XBOX discussion. 

Do you know what resolution and bit depth the xbox one/one s can play on kodi?
e.g.  10bit hevc 1080/720/4k 

In regards to HDR..
if kodi was able to use Xbox core video player then it would support HDR according to that thread

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=341833&page=2

345566 (thread)

That build will work with Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 10, as long as you are using a recent Nvidia GPU with a 10-bit HEVC decoder.

Auto resolution switching is the same as regular Kodi Windows. Auto color space switching is also possible via the Nvidia API for HDR passthrough and the correct MaxCLL and MaxFALL are sent provided you are using the right Nvidia video driver (more info on that here).
Thx. Nice work from Mr @fandangos & Co. for Win. Nvidia users.

Added to Post #1

Feedback locally is that you also get DTS:X and Dolby Atmos audio passthrough with no stutter vs previously using using MPC-BE and madVR combo.

I like this new approach a lot and am considering to finally replace my good old Haswell NUC. Are you guys aware of some "natural" NUC-like hardware platform with appropriate NVIDIA GPU for that build or is it DIY-HTPC time again?
ZOTAC ZBOX. The GPUs may be a bit overpowered for what you want. Anything with a GT 1030 is the cheapest method. The GT 1030s are very small cards.
why raspberry pi 4 not added to the front page?
(2019-08-22, 04:06)madmax2 Wrote: why raspberry pi 4 not added to the front page?

Unless something has recently surfaced with the LibreELEC or OSMC guys there is no stable Kodi 4K HDR currently working on it.

(2019-08-08, 08:37)Hitcher Wrote: I think it's because Microsoft don't allow access to it for 3rd party apps.

Does that not sound strange that Microsoft would limit HDR in Q3 of 2019?
  • 21(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
4K HDR10 - State of Play - important media player limitations - LAST UPDATE sept 20209