•   
  • 24(current)
4K HDR10 - State of Play thread - important media player limitations.
(2019-09-09, 09:14)noggin Wrote: I can't watch MotionFlow because of the number of spurious artefacts it introduces
I set Smoothness to 2 (out of 5/Max) (plus Film mode/CineMotion to High) for the X1 Extreme based BRAVIA X900F and it is perfectly fine for me.

X1 Ultimate based BRAVIAs only have 3 notches for Smoothness IIRC. Dunno how Motionflow behaves there.
(2019-09-09, 09:19)CiNcH Wrote:
(2019-09-09, 09:14)noggin Wrote: I can't watch MotionFlow because of the number of spurious artefacts it introduces
I set Smoothness to 2 (out of 5/Max) (plus Film mode/CineMotion to High) for the X1 Extreme based BRAVIA X900F and it is perfectly fine for me.

X1 Ultimate based BRAVIAs only have 3 notches for Smoothness IIRC. Dunno how Motionflow behaves there.   
I have an XF900 (which is the UK version of the X900F)

I've yet to find a single MotionFlow mode other than 'Off' that doesn't introduce additional artefacts, particularly on fast moving, complex content.  It may be that I am more susceptible to spotting artefacts, and I definitely don't want my TV to introduce yet more.

I know other people are happy with them - but I also know a lot of people who can't stand the additional issues.
(2019-02-17, 12:37)wrxtasy Wrote: Apple TV 4K - NO for Infuse and MrMC Apps - but i believe it works for other DolbyVision capable Apps like Netflix and iTunes. 

Nope, after some test  Apple TV 4k output wrong  MaxCLL/FALL.

TEST Netflix  MaxCLL/FALL output:
Panasonic 820
Roma: Max CLL/Max FALL 5904 / 253 nits
Travelers s03e01: Max CLL/Max 1297 / 565 nits

Apple TV 4k
Roma: Max CLL 4000/Max FaLL 1000
Travelers s03e01:Max CLL 4000/Max FaLL 1000
Hey Wratsy i was looking at a review of the Fire Tv cube second generation, o you know if when playing locally stored 4k mkv off it if it would pass correct MaxCLL/FALL HDR metadata, if so i quiet fancy it, thanks.
(2019-10-15, 22:33)jaxter Wrote: Hey Wrxtasy i was looking at a review of the Fire Tv cube second generation, o you know if when playing locally stored 4k mkv off it if it would pass correct MaxCLL/FALL HDR metadata, if so i quiet fancy it, thanks.

Hi,

The AMLogic S922Z equipped 2019 FireTV Cube will be running an AMLogic modded v4.9 Linux Kernel under its Android based FireOS - so YES it will pass correct MaxCLL/FALL HDR metadata, same as all other S905X2 / S922X / A311D chipset equipped devices.

With AMLogic's top Spec chipset under the hood and an Excellent ARM-Mali G52 GPU the 2019 Cube will be a snappy fast, powerful device.

When you have a fast 6 Core CPU, even content like old 10bit h264 aka Hi10p Anime, mpeg2, mpeg4 and VC-1 that may have playback issues with Android/FireOS - can be CPU Software decoded after tweaking Kodi's decodefilter.xml Smile
(2019-10-16, 02:08)wrxtasy Wrote:
(2019-10-15, 22:33)jaxter Wrote: Hey Wrxtasy i was looking at a review of the Fire Tv cube second generation, o you know if when playing locally stored 4k mkv off it if it would pass correct MaxCLL/FALL HDR metadata, if so i quiet fancy it, thanks.

Hi,

The AMLogic S922Z equipped 2019 FireTV Cube will be running an AMLogic modded v4.9 Linux Kernel under its Android based FireOS - so YES it will pass correct MaxCLL/FALL HDR metadata, same as all other S905X2 / S922X / A311D chipset equipped devices.

With AMLogic's top Spec chipset under the hood and an Excellent ARM-Mali G52 GPU the 2019 Cube will be a snappy fast, powerful device.

When you have a fast 6 Core CPU, even content like old 10bit h264 aka Hi10p Anime, mpeg2, mpeg4 and VC-1 that may have playback issues with Android/FireOS - can be CPU Software decoded after tweaking Kodi's decodefilter.xml Smile 
Oh wow thats some pretty sweet hardware. Its a shame these things can't get custom roms. Or at least a better launcher (last I checked it was pretty hacked together to do).
Wink 
(2019-10-16, 02:08)wrxtasy Wrote:

Hi,

Thanks for taking the time to give a clear and informative answer, i had a Tanix T92 on your advice but got rid now that Fandangos kodi hdr build lets me play all my 4k hdr content, i have to mention that movies look way better on the ryzen 2400g/fandangos kodi hdr build on my benq W2700 projector then they ever did through the Tanix.
I would guess using my very limited knowledge (mostly gleaned from Wratsy ) this is because it is now passing the correct MaxCLL/FALL HDR metadata, it really does make a huge difference to the picture. If only the Ryzen had the certifcation to do 4k hdr netfliix it would be a perfect little htpc solution, as it is i have to switch my gaming pc on with the nvidia 1080ti for 4k hdr, atmos on the projector the cube looks a good alternative.
  •   
  • 24(current)

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 3.63 Average

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
4K HDR10 - State of Play thread - important media player limitations.3.638