• 37(current)
4K HDR10 - State of Play - important media player limitations - LAST UPDATE sept 2020
(2021-06-12, 16:05)Roby77 Wrote: I own a Intel Nuc (Braswell) with Kodi Matrix on Libreelec but Problem is : No prime video 2k/4k and i use connected to my nas with my 2k rip (and maybe in the future 4k rip)

I own a Firestick 4k but problem : No corrected refresh rate when connected to avr

Amazon replied thas is not a device designed to be connected to avr (LoL)

So now i want to buy a unique device for kodi and for Prime / Netflix  Disney etc 4k

What can you suggest ? 

Waf friendly Wink

Are you in a 60Hz territory (North America, Japan, Korea etc.) or 50Hz territory (Europe, Australia, NZ etc.)?

You may be better splitting your Prime/Netflix/Disney requirements away from Kodi - as some of the best Kodi platforms don't support DRM well, and some of the best DRM platforms for Prime/Netflix/Disney are a bit of a compromise for Kodi.
I have 50hz Europe Italy

Firestick set to adjust framerate before playback

Works 1/2 times or stop to work After Power off/on TV

Amazon after several months of logs and blah blah said that is not designed to be connected to avr

So i was searching for a stand alone box like mi box s that has widevine l1 and something performant for kodi

Or Maybe a box with dual boot os

Thank you
(2021-06-12, 20:20)Roby77 Wrote: I have 50hz Europe Italy

Firestick set to adjust framerate before playback

Works 1/2 times or stop to work After Power off/on TV

Amazon after several months of logs and blah blah said that is not designed to be connected to avr

So i was searching for a stand alone box like mi box s that has widevine l1 and something performant for kodi

Or Maybe a box with dual boot os

Thank you

I have ugoos AM6 pro with dual boot. While the CoreElec side is easily updated, getting the firmware for android side is a pain. Also, it’s not Google certified so no ultrahd stuff.

I am with Noggin: you can have a combination of appletv or fire devices with CE and that covers pretty much all the bases. Nvidia shield is pretty good as well for an all round box.
So you suggest nvidia shield as first option ?

Any other hint ?
Quoting from the 4K HDR10 capable platforms, for Intel x86_64 Wrote:Current best & cheapest option is an AMD Ryzen 5 2400G
Please correct my if I'm wrong, but can I use AMD Ryzen 5 2400GE version instead? As far as I know, the only difference is in CPU frequency, the GPU is the same on both of those models. I'm asking because he GE version has smaller TDP (35W) which would allow to make a fanless build.
Does somebody know if Kodi running on Shield TV 2019 pro supports hdr10plus (hdr10+) playback? Thanks.
No, because the Shield doesn't even support it.
Believe AMLogic S905X3 & S922X boxes with CoreELEC support HDR10+. Just got a new Samsung 4K TV, so will try out.
Odroid N2/N2+ with Coreelec definitely support 4K with HDR10, HDR10+, & PQ.  Just no Dolby Vision really.  All works very well with my Denon AVR and Panasonic AVR.
Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.
(2018-05-29, 08:22)atomizasser Wrote: Very very interesting topic about issues on 4K HDR.

I've read the post and also other post in libreelec forum but I do not have a clear idea about which is the best device.
So, If i want a:
- DTS-X/Dolby Atmos passthrough
- Best quality image
- Correct HDR and color space autoswitch
- Correct refresh rate
- HDMI CEC
- Fastest LAN/WIFI
- Development suppot!

AppleTV is discarded, no DTS-HD/X support
Zidoo X9S? Problems of color output?
Vero4k, slow CPU and wifi¿
Minix U9-H with libreelec, best option?

What do u think?

Thanks!
I just tested the Firestick 4K max. It does support passthrough of DTS and Dolby. I have not tested for DTS:X and Dolby Atmos due to my hardware limititations but suspect it will work. Streaming speed is about 300 mbps on my system.
(2021-08-22, 10:33)Hitcher Wrote: No, because the Shield doesn't even support it.

It may not support it but it plays it rather well, just tested with The Wheel of Time HDR10Plus 2160p.
(2021-12-11, 17:27)MatteN Wrote: It may not support it but it plays it rather well, just tested with The Wheel of Time HDR10Plus 2160p.

But it's not playing in Dolby Vision is it.
(2021-12-11, 18:28)Hitcher Wrote:
(2021-12-11, 17:27)MatteN Wrote: It may not support it but it plays it rather well, just tested with The Wheel of Time HDR10Plus 2160p.

But it's not playing in Dolby Vision is it.
Probably not, but the result is quite good.
(2021-12-11, 17:27)MatteN Wrote:
(2021-08-22, 10:33)Hitcher Wrote: No, because the Shield doesn't even support it.

It may not support it but it plays it rather well, just tested with The Wheel of Time HDR10Plus 2160p.
ofcourse , HDR1'+ and DV are back compatibility to HDR10
LG OLED 55E8 - M9702(oppo 203) -  Dinobot U5PVR(Enigma 2) - Meccol KI pro(COREelec) - Sony PS5
AndroidPremiumPlayer blog - HI - Frequency Switcher 
(2021-09-01, 02:33)bossanova808 Wrote: Odroid N2/N2+ with Coreelec definitely support 4K with HDR10, HDR10+, & PQ.  Just no Dolby Vision really.  All works very well with my Denon AVR and Panasonic AVR.

So what happens if you try to playback a full dual layer UHD Dobly Vision rip?
  • 37(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
4K HDR10 - State of Play - important media player limitations - LAST UPDATE sept 20209