• 8(current)
Vision 2 skin release
xbs08 Wrote:I've just updated vision2, to the latest build, and notice that the home menu animation (cycle) isn't smooth anymore like on the first build, anyone experiencing this?

Bram77 Wrote:Yes, I do. It now feels like the skin is to much for the XBOX.

Ahh crap seriously ? if thas the case I will put the images back into the xpr again because thats the only difference I did was to move them out so people could easily change them. And if its causeing speed issues I will put them back in again
im getting lockups on a regular basis now as i browse the library. anyone have any ideas whats casuing this? need any info from me?
mcfreiz Wrote:im getting lockups on a regular basis now as i browse the library. anyone have any ideas whats casuing this? need any info from me?
yeah, i get it too. i've just been browsing through the files view. this skin has some awesome views even with just files.
mcfreiz Wrote:im getting lockups on a regular basis now as i browse the library. anyone have any ideas whats casuing this? need any info from me?

same problem here
Seriously, Jezz_X, no crap man, the animation on home screen is noticebly slower.

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
The images are *.jpg, have you tried .bmp?

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
The images are in .jpg format, did you tried .bmp's?

I had this problem with the first build (slow menus). I shrank the images down to 720 pxs wide and it worked fine with no noticeable loss of quality, and I'm running at a screen rez of 1360 by 768. This skin is phenomenal. One thing though, the fonts are somewhat small at my resolution, but still readable.
dgm1960 Wrote:One thing though, the fonts are somewhat small at my resolution, but still readable.

I agree. I'm running at 720p on a 61" screen and the fonts are a bit small. Otherwise, it's a really nice skin.
xbs08 Wrote:Seriously, Jezz_X, no crap man, the animation on home screen is noticebly slower.
Ok well I just reverted the changes back tell me if it makes any difference

dgm1960 Wrote:...... One thing though, the fonts are somewhat small at my resolution, but still readable.

lol Your lucky I was around to make them bigger than NineT9Mustang wanted them Smile he had them down another 5 points and I kept increasing them Wink
Word mute still missing on the mute pop-up.
Fixed Tongue
I've done some testing with the freezing problem while browsing in library mode and I found out that movies and tv shows with long plot text makes the skin freeze when the autoscrolling should start. It is the same movies and shows that freezes but I noticed that if you scroll through them fast it doesn't freeze so it seems that the autoscrolling is the problem.
The home screen animation are smooth again, thank you Jezz_X.

yoci Wrote:I've done some testing with the freezing problem while browsing in library mode and I found out that movies and tv shows with long plot text makes the skin freeze when the autoscrolling should start. It is the same movies and shows that freezes but I noticed that if you scroll through them fast it doesn't freeze so it seems that the autoscrolling is the problem.

Make sure your running the latest xbmc there was a problem awhile ago that had issues with scrolling of fade labels crashing xbmc if the next label was shorter than the last one.
But again its not really a skin issue more an xbmc one so if you are running the latest post a bug report in the bugs section of the forum
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Vision 2 skin release4