Question about CIH/Anamorphic Kodi Setup
Hi all,

I'm getting close to mounting my projector and anamorphic lens. I had to step away from building my theater for several years (long story), but am finally back on track to be running in the next couple weeks.

Does anybody have any links/guides on any sort of best practice for running a CIH setup w/Kodi? I know I can simply slide my lens in place and use my projector's anamorphic function for scope films, but is there a better way to do it with Kodi? Can Kodi do the squeeze and let me keep my lens in place at all times? Are there any gotchas I need to worry about?

The forums won't let me search "cih" as the search term is too short. However, most of what I can find by browsing refers to skins.

Any advice from people that have walked this road already greatly appreciated.
Here's an example from YouTube of someone who did what I was questioning: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2sGQvw4T8nA

Unfortunately, he doesn't go into any detail on how he's managing this without moving the lens. Anyone have any insights?

Thanks!
Look here:

https://kodi.wiki/view/Ultra_Widescreen_...s_for_Kodi

as a start.....
Server: Ubuntu Server 22TB HDD running SAMBA
Kodi: 4 Raspberry Pi 3 running Libreelec -  on the main PC - running Linux Mint
My Setup thread |
Thanks for the response..

Is that implying that the skin handles displaying the film content appropriately for a scope screen/lens combo? Is the skin squishing everything so it looks right shot through the lens?
I don't actually know, but considering that 'cinemascope' was added to standard film stock at the time, and that was unsquished via a lens, I'm assuming that Kodi is doing the same, only electronically. I however might be wrong, so if you look on the skins forums, they might be able to answer this better, as they might have a better understanding on how they are achieving this.
Server: Ubuntu Server 22TB HDD running SAMBA
Kodi: 4 Raspberry Pi 3 running Libreelec -  on the main PC - running Linux Mint
My Setup thread |
Thanks.. I'll ask over on that side of the fence Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Question about CIH/Anamorphic Kodi Setup0